Chapter 31-Edge of the World

A Vampire's Mate

Chapter 31-Edge Of the World

Song- The Edge of the World by Flood of Red

Aria's POV

Dimitri had come back in and shot me. I wanted to be angry, but I couldn't. I didn't have any feelings. I felt like I was floating. I could see myself down in Alek's arms while he's yelling at Blake.

I was convulsing. I had been starved for days and abused. I looked terrible. I know this is the end. Dying is just an adventure...while you're...dead?....That's not the point here!

I didn't want to die, but dying in Alek's arms would be the best way to go.

Alek's POV

"God damn it! Blake, help!" I yell and Blake just shrugs.

"What am I supposed to do? I'm not a freaking doctor!"

"You used to study that kind of stuff, though...so help her!" He looks at her with sadness.

"This," He motions to us, "can't be helped. She's already too far gone."

I cradle Aria's head in my arms. I bury my face in her hair to hide my tears. I hear Aria's breathing get worse, until her breathing just stops altogether. My eyes widen.

I hear Trey choke back a sob and he crumples to the floor crying harder by the second. Max sucks in a sharp breath and puts his head in his hands. Blake just stands there in shock.

"Trey...its okay..." I say, trying to sooth him and myself at the same time.

"Wait...Trey... Oh my God, Trey!" Max says and jumps up. We all look at him like he's crazy.

"Trey, you're a son of Hades...the god of the dead...the underworld. Can't you bring her back?" He asks with hope clear in his eyes.

"Well, I guess I could always try...seeing as she's de-" He doesn't finish, but just looks down at the ground.

I watch him waiting for him to do something but he doesn't move. "Well, aren't you going to try?" I ask irritably.

He nods and comes over to Aria and I. He puts his hands out. I just hope to God that he can bring her back.

Aria's POV

I felt a tug on my body. I felt like someone was trying to pull me back into my body. I knew somebody mostly likely was. I didn't want to go back, though.

I had met some pretty cool people who died today too. Besides, there's too much pain you get in a body. Up here, (wherever 'up here' is...) you have no emotions or feelings. Its just nothing and I like it that way.

I felt the tug getting stronger and stronger to the point where I was just plain annoyed. It was most likely Trey doing this seeing as he's a son of Hades.

I wonder if he'll succeed in getting me back to my body again. Probably not. He just discovered his powers like only two freaking weeks ago. He shouldn't be strong enough yet. Who am I to judge when he will be strong enough anyways?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good or bad? Let me know by voting and commenting!

Fan meeeeeeeee! ;)

I love you, stay strong, stay perfect, you're worth it.

-Haley