Chapter 27-Fall For You

A Vampire's Mate

Chapter 27-Fall For You

Song- Fall For You by Secondhand Serenade

Aria's POV

"Me first!" I scream, hopping on Max's back. He's going to give Trey and I piggyback rides! I know, weird, right?

"I guess you do always save the best for last..." Trey says still wanting to go first. It's so not happening though.

"I don't think so. You save the ugliest for last." I say, sticking my tongue out at Trey.

Max takes off at his vampire speed and I try to figure out our surroundings. It's always so blurry because we're going to fast. It amazes me.

I press my face into his back and he runs a bit faster. He stops and I look around. Ugh, a forest...really? I hate forests...I don't have good memories with forests.

I hold on tighter just in case something happens. He chuckles. "You can get down now, Ari." Max says and my grip tightens.

"No! Did you know your back is really comfy? No? Well, it feels like a butt. A soft butt." I say and he laughs again.

"Okay, I'll keep that in mind so next time I shower I'll touch my back." He says and I look at him.

"Uh, okay?" I jump down.

"I want to show you something." Max says and grabs my hand. I look down at our hands and look back up at Max's face.

He smiles and pulls me along. We come to a big bush. "You wanted to show me this big bush?" I ask and he shakes his head.

He pulls me through the bush and we come to an opening. It has a large river and a huge waterfall. "Whoa." I say and jump into the water. "This water is deep!" I say.

Max pulls his shirt off and my eyes widen, taking him in. I see Max smirking at me and I blush, looking away. Well, that wasn't embarrassing at all!

I hear a splash and count the seconds. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 21. 22. 23. I feel something touch my foot and pull me under the water.

I come up gasping for air. I can breathe underwater, it just took me by surprise. Max comes up and laughs at my startled face.

"That was mean." I say and pout. He comes over to me and I back up. "You're a bully." I say and take another step away. I don't like bullies.

"Aw, come here, Ari. I'm sorry." He says and when I don't move, he lunges at me. I squeak and he grabs me. I squirm and he smiles at me, an emotion in his eyes I can't decipher.

He looks at me, then pulls away. I'm not good at reading emotions, so I just get out of the water and sit on the ground.

I see Max walk through some bushes and I get scared. Like I said, not good memories. "Max? Max, I'm scared!" I say out loud and don't receive an answer.

I hear a growling and I look everywhere. I pull my legs to my chest and start to cry. I know I'm acting like a baby, but I'm scared. I hug myself, trying to get the tears to stop but they just come even faster.

I look around seeing the darkness get closer and closer to me, squeezing me. I sob and I stand up and get dizzy, falling back to the ground.

"Aria! Aria! It's okay." I hear a voice and I whimper, opening my eyes.

"Max?" I ask and he nods, hugging me tight.

"You were just having a panic attack." Max says and I blink at him.

"Why did you leave me?" I ask and he looks down regretfully.

"Aria, I just... I just can't take these emotions anymore. Aria, I think I'm falling in love with you. There's nothing you can do or say to stop it." He says and I don't say anything.

"Max, I-I can't say that I'm falling for you. I'm sorry." I say and Max looks at me.

"I know." Max says and looks down sadly. I feel guilty, but I just don't love him like that.

I clear my throat, breaking the very awkward silence. "Well, we better be..ah, getting back." I say and Max nods.

I climb onto his back and he takes off. "Aria, you can get down now." He says after a couple seconds and I look around. We're already back. I see Alek and Trey just sitting on the floor, looking at us.

"Oh." I say and slide off his back. I stand there uncomfortably. I look up and see Trey jump on Max's back. That's so weird. Trey has to be...gay.

I laugh. Alek gives me a weird look and I just shake my head. Trey isn't gay. Hey, that ryhmes!

A/N -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what do you think? My update was just a bit late. Not by a lot though. Just, like, a day!

So, as usual you guys....

Please:

FAN!

VOTE!

COMMENT!

I love you, stay strong, stay perfect, you're worth it.

-Haley