Chapter 5

"Hi!" I greeted, smiling at the young girl who wrapped her arms around me. "Thanks for coming!"

The young girl burst into tears, rambling about how much she loved me and my songs. That felt nice to hear, that someone actually appreciated my lyrics.

We hugged one more time before she was escorted out, and the last person in line was gone.

"Is that it, Lou?" I turned to my assistant, tilting my head in question.

Louise smiled deeply. "There's one more." She told me, opening the door slowly.

"Hi Dan."

I could've burst into tears.

My jaw fell open and all words were caught in my throat, along with my heart. I could barely speak the boy's name.

I, having nothing else to do while inaudible, ran to Phil. I threw my arms around my old best friend, squeezing him as tightly as I ever could. The familiar sense of warm arms wrap around my waist, pulling my body closer to his.

It's been a long time." I muttered into Phil's ear. We released each other, and I stared at his eyes as if the only color I could see was blue.

"So it has." Phil replied, his mouth forming a smirk.

"You've changed..." I laughed, taking a step back to look at Phil. It had been five years since I had last seen my best friend. He was taller, but not taller than me, and his hair was shorter in the back. He still wore the colorful t-shirts, and his eyes were still as I had remembered.

"Not as much as you." Phil retorted, eyebrows furrowing as he looked at me.

Louise had waited outside the door, only to make sure no one had came in to interrupt us. We hadn't even noticed we were alone.

"I missed you!" I cried, resisting the urge to grab Phil's face and smash our lips together.

How many songs I've written about this boy. At least two album's worth.

"I missed you more...." He said looking into my eyes. His lips were right there. I could connect mine to his and have this whole fiasco over. I could lean in quickly and get it over with, just to see his reaction.

But I didn't.

Just like I couldn't say no to my manager. There were things I didn't have the courage to do, and things I wouldn't even bother trying.

This was a case of both.

"How did the meet and greet go?" He asked, studying me.

"It went great! I'm having a lot of fun." I said, lying right through my smile. I had gotten better at lying.

I lead him through the door behind me, and he followed me down the corridor to my dressing room.

"I'm so proud, Dan... I'm so happy for you." He stated once we entered my room.

"Thank you Phil... It means a lot to hear you say that." I said to him. "It means a lot to hear you say anything at all."

It was a quiet room. A tv, a couch, a mini fridge, and most importantly, wifi. I had found the courage to tell my manager there was no way I was going to do a show without a hot spot. He ordered me 20 different ones.

"No problem."

"How has everything been with you?" I questioned, sitting down on the couch.

"Everything has been fine. Besides the fact that my best friend was on the other side of the world." He shrugged, adding a slight chuckle after he leaned back on the counter.

"Yeah... It's been too long." I said looking down at my hands.

"Hey, let's do something after you're done here." He proposed.

"I'd thought you'd never ask." I teased

A/R thank you guys so much for 100 reads!!!!! Updating all this week :)