Chapter 50

"So what is your favorite holiday?" Phil asked putting his sunglasses on.

"That's random?"

"I'm a random person Dan." He said grabbing my hand as we walked down the street to his house.

"Phil talk to me."

"Dan I want to know your favorite holiday."

"It's thanksgiving. Now talk to me."

"I'm scared to see my family. I feel like they will blame me for leaving. I wasn't there to help while my mom got very sick."

"Phil, this isn't your fault. You know that right?" I said stopping in my trail.

He turned to me. "I know Dan but I did leave. I shouldn't have left. But I wanted to be with you."

"Phil you couldn't have done anything to prevent your mom from getting sick." I said wiping my tears.

Phil snuffled and kept walking.

~

This was it. When Phil steps in that door he will break down and I will as well. Martyn will be sitting on the couch with Cornelia crying. Ms. Lester will be gone.

Phil opened the door with tears in his eyes. Martyn was not in the couch. Cornelia was not in the house. Ms. Lester was on the couch sleeping.

My eyebrows furrowed. "What's going on?" Phil turned to me.

"What do you mean?"

"I thought your mother passed away?"

"Who told you that?" Phil wiped my tears off my cheek.

"Louise told me that Martyn told her that she was gone."

"Louise lied. She just got really sick." He said with a cold tone.

"I'll be right back."

I walked to the back yard. My head hanging low. Sat on the old swing Phil had told me was a family treasure.

When I took my phone out of my pocket, Louise's name popped up before I could ring her.

"What." I said sharply.

"I'm sorry am I bothering you? Danny." She said with almost a giggle.

"You think this is a joke? No wonder why your husband left you. You never cared about my feelings Louise. You were never my friend, were you? You never cared that my best friends mother was home sick. But my question is why? Why would you lie about something so serious Louise?"

The silence made my throat dry and my words got tumbled in my brain.

"I would not like to answer that Mr. Howell." She said and hung up.

I buried my face into my palms and cried. Cried out of defeat. Cried because that's what I wanted to do. Cried for myself.

When I went back into the house, Phil was cleaning the over flowing dishes, Martyn was giving Ms. Lester her medicine, and Cornelia was cleaning up the left over food.

"Hi Dan." Ms. Lesters eyes lit up when I walked in the living room.

Her cheeks were red. Her hands were so skinny. I could see the whole outline of her bone structure in her face and I hated it. Hated the way cancer made people look.

"Hello Ms. Lester." I said grabbing the door handle and leaning in one foot.

"Please Dan, call me Cath."

"Okay." I gave her a warm smile and walked over to Phil.

I put my arms around his and helped him with the dishes. My chin rested on his left shoulder. He kissed my cheek gently and proceeded to put the soap on a bowl.

"Are you okay Dan? I'm sorry." He said rubbing his head against mine a bit.

"As long as I'm with you, yes. And why are you sore?" I said rubbing his arms up and down.

"I didn't know that you thought my mom had died. I should've known Lousie would do something like that."

"Phil it's okay. This isn't your fault it's Lou's." I said moving my hands up to his shoulders.

"I know but, I should've told you about the nasty texts from her."

"What." I said suddenly.

"Dan it's fine. It doesn't matter anymore."

"I love you so much Phil Lester."

"I love you more."

A/N- Sorry for not being so active lately. Hope you guys are enjoying this book <3 We will try to update more frequently. Thank you so much for 22k!!! It means so much.

Love Song~Phanजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें