Chapter 15

The feeling in my stomach was so over whelming that I just had to tell someone.

Call to- Dad

After a couple of rings of the phone, my father finally answered.

"Dad? You there?"

"Hello? Dan?"

"Hi dad."

"Good Lord." He sighed into the phone. "It's been a while since I heard your voice without auto tune."

"Dad!" I yelled at him. "You know I don't like that crap."

My dad laughed. "Everything alright?"

"Actually no. You have to time talk?"

"Of course."

"You remember Phil?"

"The scrawny kid you liked?"

"Yeah, him. Well, turns out his mother is sick."

"Oh... I'm sad to hear."

"I was too. My manager asked me if it was okay if he paid for her treatments and stuff."

"That's awesome!" My dad exclaimed. "What did you tell him?"

"I told him I would have to talk to Phil about it first. I don't know why my manager is being so nice."

"Me either. Always was a little prat."

"Dad!"

"It's true!" He laughed again. "Phil is going to appreciate the news. You should tell him as soon as possible!"

"I'm just afraid something might go wrong! Like my manager will change his mind, or the treatment will go wrong."

"Phil would understand. People come and go, Danny, but he's a keeper."

"Thank you, dad." I smiled, clutching the phone tighter to my ear. "But don't ever call me Danny again."

My dad gave me his hearty laugh one more time before residing in the emotional stuff. "We all miss you. Your cousins keep asking for signed stuff. I think one of them stole a few things from your room."

It was my turn to laugh. "Of course."

"I love you, and good luck with the rest of your shows. And bring Phil over sometime, we have a great tuna casserole we'd love for him to try out."

"Yeah... No way... But thanks for listening."

"I'm always here."

"Dad..."

"Whenever you need me."

"Dad."

"I sit by the phone just waiting for you to call."

"Dad!"

"Goodbye son." I could practically hear his smile through the phone.

"Bye."

A/N here is the second update! Thanks guys ahhhhh