Chapter 35

"I don't know, what do you want to do?" Phil asked me for the fifth time.

"I don't know, what do you wanna do?"

"I don't know, what do you want to do?"

"I don't know, what do you wanna do?"

"I don't-"

"Okay enough." I stopped Phil, laughing at the end of our little game. "But seriously what do you want to do? We're in America!"

"I don-"

"Jesus Christ."

A horrible silence filled the air. Phil awkwardly shifted his legs side to side as he knees knocked together. "Do you want to go out?" He said suddenly.

"Like..." I began.

"Go out?" He repeated, pointing with his thumb over his shoulder at the window.

"Oh! For a second there-"

"Like on a date."

"Oh! Oh." I folded my hands together and stared at them. "Y-yeah."

"Why so nervous?" He asked, leaning forward and pushing my left shoulder playfully.

"I-I'm not." I said, awkwardly chuckling.

My heart was pounding and I suddenly started to visually see Phil and I walking around holding hands in my head.

"Dan?" Phil said.

"Wha- what?"

"Are you okay?" He questioned, knitting his eyebrows together.

"Yeah yeah I'm fine." I said, wrapping my arms around my chest. "We'll go out, then... Tomorrow... Goodnight." I stood up, quickly walked into my room and closed the door behind me.

~

I woke up to Phil sitting at the bottom of my bed. The bus was shaking and I could hear the rattling noise from the back near where we were.

Phil was looking outside of the window next to my bed. His eyes shined in the bright moonlight and his black hair blended in beautifully with the dark of the bus.

I shifted my leg to the side and Phil's head snapped towards me.

"Dan, are you awake?" He whispered.

"Yeah yeah. What's wrong?" I asked groggily.

"Nothing... I just wanted to tell you something, but you looked so peaceful sleeping there, I didn't want to wake you up..." He gently laughed, getting a little closer to me.

"Well, I'm awake now." I shrugged.

"Well you know how I said that it was a date?"

"Uhm, yeah?"

Phil paused, obviously thinking about his words.

"Dan, I still like you... A lot." He finally stated. My heart dropped immediately to the floor. I processed his words in my head until I believed this wasn't a dream. "Wh- what do you mean?"

"I mean, I like you more than just a friend. I've liked you for the longest time, but I didn't have the courage to ever tell you. I'm really, really sorry- I just had to get that off my chest."

"Don't be sorry for anything, Phil."

"You know how I don't like letting people down."

"Yeah, but I don't want to hear any apologies from you. You understand me?"

He nodded. "Well, goodnight."

"Wait what?"

"Goodnight?" Phil repeated, walking out of my room.

"Just thought you should know that I really like you too." I called after him.

Phil slowly came in. "You don't like Zoella?"

"Nope."

"I'm shocked. Surprised! Flabbergasted that you have a crush on lil' ol' me!"

"You're pushing it..." I rolled my eyes. "Maybe we'll drop you in some deserted forest with Slender." I suggested, rolling over.

"Goodnight, Dan." He said. I mumbled in response. I didn't hear footsteps leaving though, and I rolled over to see Phil still standing there. "Were you joking just to make me feel weird?"

"What? No?"

"Good... See you tomorrow."

A/N: We're baaaaack!