Chapter 25

"Hey, Phil?" I said, lying back on his duvet.

"Yeah?" He answered, while he tried to tidy up his room. He picked up scattered clothes and put them in a hamper.

I put my hands on my stomach and proceeded. "Is your mum going to be okay?" I asked, looking back over to Phil.

He slightly shifted his head to the side. "I don't know Dan." He answered. "She is very sick..."

"But she is very strong." I looked back up to the ceiling. "Hey, Phil?" I said again.

"Yeah, Dan?" He questioned, turning around to face me. I could hear him try to swallow the lump in his throat.

"Are you okay?"

He started to walk towards the bed. "Yeah." He replied, sitting down next to me, furrowing his eyebrows at the questioned I had asked.

"Do you smell that?"

"What?" Phil sniffed the air, gazing back at me with his eyebrows knitted together.

"It smells like burning pants. Because you're lying."

Phil rolled his eyes, and breathed a laugh. "I'm not lying. I'm fine."

"Oh yeah?"

"Sing me a song of yours."

"Wait, what?"

"Will you sing me one of your songs?"

"Most girls would kill to be in this position." I teased, and he pushed my leg.

"I'm serious! I could rap that one part in-"

"Don't! Don't bring it up." I held my hand up. Phil chuckled at a previous collab I had with a rapper. It was a great song, but I hated recording it. "Do you have a piano?"

"Guitar." Phil replied.

"Sorry, I don't actually have talent. I can't play guitar."

"Oh, shut up. I've seen you play."