Chapter 40

When I got back to the table, Phil observing the entire restaurant. The food had arrived, and he didn't eat a bite. He seemed extremely bored until he noticed me staring at him. I sat down, and noticed he had gotten a salad like me.

"So... What did your "lover" want?" He asked, quoting 'lover' with a smile.

"Nothing much, other than she is going to publicly kiss some guy in tomorrow." I said.

"Oh that's awesome! Alfie right?"

"Yeah? How do you know?" I said knitting my eyebrows together in confusion.

"You told me. Don't you remember?"

"I told you so long ago though, how did you remember?"

"I remember everything." He winked at me.

I started to blush so I turned away, staring at the window that had shown the tree's outside.

I turned back to Phil. He stared at me with his elbows on the table and his hands cupped his jaw, smiling warmly.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing. You're just so beautiful." He said.

"Thank you." I replied, hanging my head low to try and cover up the redness of my cheeks.

When I looked back up he started to laugh, so then I did too.

I had barely took the first bite of my salad when our waiter set two plates of steak in front of us. "Anything else I can get you?" Eva asked.

"No, thank you."

"Did you order steak?" I asked Phil once she was gone.

"For the two of us, yes. Trust me, you'll love it."

"But-"

"Shhh..." Phil quieted me, putting a small piece of the steak on his fork and holding it across the table to me. I opened my mouth and took the bite.

"Wow..." I muttered afterward.

"That's what I thought."