Adeline;

I stayed up all night last night trying to decide what to do. My father didn't have a problem with me going with Harry for the weekend because he trusted us, we've never gave him a reason not to.

But, it was now up to me if I really wanted to go. If I thought it was actually worth spending the weekend with Harry and seeing him race for the first time.

So I began packing my small duffle bag that I usually used for cheering.. I packed a weekends worth of clothes and some overnight things as well, I knew Harry would stop by my house before he left so I didn't even bother calling him to inform him on my decision.

The sound of a small knock came from outside my bedroom and opened it without my word, but I knew it was Harry so I wasn't bothered by it.

"You're coming with me?" He asks as I finish putting the last bit of things into my duffle bag.

"I guess so, but if I don't like it you better take me home the second I say so." I say rudely, but truthfully.

"I promise, baby. Thank you for coming," He wraps his arms around me and I can't help, but hug him back. His tall frame and lovely scent makes his hugs so lovely.

"Chocolate milk?" I ask, after his lips leave mine.

"It's the best thing to drink in the morning for energy," He laughs and I can't help, but laugh along as well.

"Hm, at least you taste good."

***

The ride down there was better than I expected, I'm not sure if I expected things to be awkward between us considering what happened last night and the fact that our relationship was basically on edge right now, but it was definitely far from awkward. There was never a minute that went by where Harry and I didn't share a laugh together and that's all we were doing most of the way there.

But, now we were at our destination and Harry was talking to Micky while I took my duffle bag to the RV we would be sleeping in.

Is this really what Harry wanted? To sleep in an RV for the rest of the summer and live off of fast food for the next two months? I know it meant a lot to him to be part of this drag racing company, but I just don't understand why he'd spend the entire summer doing it.

Suddenly the door to the RV opened revealing Harry as he carried in his huge bags, they were packed with more clothes than mine because he was the one staying away longer.

He looked at me and dropped his bags on the floor and walked closer to me. I felt sad to think that he would be away for awhile, although it was just two months it was still a summer I would have to spend without him, but I was also done dwelling on it. I was going to be in a good mood for him, at least try anyway.

"Hey, they're wanting to test out my driving skills on the track before tonight's show,"

"Okay, I'll wait for you on the bleachers," I smile as he pecks my forehead and walks away.

I use the restroom and change into more comfortable shoes and walk over to the bleachers.

I begin to worry about the possible accidents that could occur. He could lose control of the car by any minute, but thankfully he didn't. The "training" didn't last very long and Harry was a lot better at this than I expected. I was proud.

TONIGHT

Micky showed me where I could wait with Harry until he drove and he would be back in the spot once it was over. A lot of the teams family was over here as well. Most of them were older than Harry and I were, but I tried to make small talk while Harry was getting along great.

As Harry got in the black sports car, I walk over to him as the mechanics do last minute check ups.

"Don't worry, baby. Just enjoy the show." He winks at me as I lean inside the car.

"Good luck." I press my lips against his as he smiles and revs the engine.

"I'm assuming this is y'all' first rodeo," An older woman with a very southern accent says to me.

"Is it really that noticeable?" I ask nervously.

"Oh, honey. You sound just like me when my husband started drag racing, but that was nearly fifteen years ago." She spoke as I crossed my arms over my chest. 

"It's definitely something to get used to," I sigh.

"You'll get used to it though, the worrying."