Adeline;

/I have no motivation to finish this story ugh why do i do this. im sorry/

A few weeks passed throughout the school year and ever since the first day, Claire, the brunette that was hitting on Harry hasn't bothered us at all, although if she continues to give me dirty looks during lunch time, I just might have to have a talk with her once again.

It was so busy today in the shop with my aunt. So much busier than usual and she had me working the register while she controlled the floor and try to keep things calm while the customers continued to pile in. Obviously, these people knew more about our new shipment today than we thought.

I worked until two today since it was Saturday I was glad to be off work early especially since Harry and I had a double date with one of his friends this evening. 

So after work, I picked up my paycheck from my aunt and went to another shop downtown to try and find something to wear for tonight. Harry had previously told me that I would just need to wear something casual, so after looking through a bunch of different shops and finding some other clothes I didn't really need but purchased anyway, I decided I would just find something at home to put together. 

I grab lunch for my dad and I to-go and finally arrive home. 

"Dad," I called loudly for him as I stepped in the kitchen and suddenly hear footsteps coming from down the hall.

"Hey, sugar." He kisses me on the forehead and sits with me at the dining table.

"How was work?" He asks. "Good, but super busy. We got a new shipment in and I guess the word traveled fast about it."

He laughs, "It's a small town, you should expect that. Thank you for the lunch."

"You're welcome. Harry and I are going on a double date tonight," I tell him. 

"Really? Do you know the other people?" 

"No," I pause while chewing. "But, then again he didn't mention their names and I forgot to ask."

"Ah. I think I've got a date tonight as well." He tells me as I stop chewing and my eyes widen.

"I know, it's a very big step for me to take, but if you think it's too soon then I won't go."

I sigh before speaking. "It's not that, I'm happy for you. It's just a new thing to get used to I guess. It's still unreal to me that mom's gone."

"Not for good," He says with sympathy. "She will always be in our hearts." He smiles. 

***

After lunch, my dad goes outside to continue doing his mechanic work and I head to my bedroom to try and find something to wear before the date in less than three hours. My makeup was already done this morning before work so I really didn't have to bother with that and the only thing I did with my hair is straighten it and throw it up in a high pony-tail.

I finally decided on some tight fitting light-wash jeans and a loose-fitting black T-shirt. I tucked the front of the shirt in a bit and paired it with my white Keds before decided to roll the bottom of the jeans up above my ankles. 

A few hours passed of just laying around the house watching tv while I waited on Harry to finally pick me up. 

I heard his car door shut, but he didn't come in the house until about twenty minutes later. I assumed he was outside talking to my dad, he does that often. 

"Hello, my dear." He says, opening the front door and walking into the living room as if he lived here.

"Hi," I say with a smile and press my lips against his. "Let me grab my purse," I say while quickly going to my bedroom, getting my things and walking out the door with him.

He opens the passenger door for me as I yell to my dad from the driveway that I was leaving and he tells me goodbye as Harry and I exit my driveway.

"Are we meeting them there?" I ask. "We are. He used to live in our neighborhood until he moved away," He explains as he places his hand in mine as we rest them both on my thigh.

"How was work, baby?" He asks and I explain to him nearly the exact same thing I told my father.

We finally arrive at the bowling alley.