Chapter 6 ~ You Betrayed Me

It broke Seth's heart to hear Dean say those words. After all of these years of precious memories and laughter and Dean just wants to throw all of that away? For what? Has he found someone better? Or has Seth simply hit Dean's very last nerve? 

Those were the last words Seth thought he'd hear, so when Dean said them, Seth was shocked and couldn't believe his ears at first. He wished it was all a bad dream, but soon came to the realization that it was real and that he'd have to live without his precious lunatic.

As for Dean, he refused to admit his feelings. Whenever he told someone how he felt, it ended in someone being in some kind of pain and he was tired of it. He didn't like hurting others because of his emotions. However, he decided right at the moment Seth asked him how he felt that it didn't matter if he hurt others since they always do it to him. 

He paced back and forth in the room, feeling Seth's eyes burning into the back of his head. Roman's mouth was agape with surprise, unsure of how he was supposed to respond to Dean's confession. 

"Dean...you can't possibly mean that," Seth gulped, wishing all of this was a dream. "Think about everything we've been through." 

"I have, Seth," Dean's voice cracked, tears in his eyes as he spoke. "I miss those days. The times I knew I could count on you. I wish they had ever ended." 

"And they don't have to! We can rekindle all of those feelings and make even more memories," Seth urged, trying to sway Dean's decision. "All you have to do is give me a chance!" 

"I tried, Seth, I really did," Dean mumbled, looking down. "But I can't. Not again."

"Again? W-What does that mean?" Seth stammered, ready to get down on his knees and beg Dean for another chance. 

"I can't give you another try at our relationship. I did once and look at where it got us! I'm heartbroken and you're just looking to get laid again." 

"I am not!" Seth scoffed, crossing his arms. "I want my baby back. The one who would never give up on us. I don't like this version of you." 

"Yeah, and I don't give a shit," Dean howled, glaring at Seth. He pointed at him with rage burning in his eyes. "I don't like this version of you, either. You're all about The Authority and no one else. Let me guess, you're sucking Triple H's dick just to get where you want to go, huh? Well, let me tell ya something; where I come from, we believe in working our asses off to get where we we want to go and to achieve our dreams. We don't get on our knees for them." 

Seth felt offended by Dean's accusations.What in the world would make him think that Seth would pleasure someone just to get his own way? Did Dean not know him at all? Apparently not or he'd realize that what he was saying was preposterous and definitely untrue. 

Seth figured Dean only said those things to upset him. He was hurting so he also wanted Seth to be in pain. It's the way it always worked between them; a pet peeve Seth developed. 

"That's untrue and you know it," Seth snapped, looking to Roman for help, but the Samoan only shook his head, refusing to get in the middle of it. "That would be cheating and I would never do that to you." 

"Just like you said you would never break The Shield, yet you did that, too." 

Dean did have a point, but Seth refused to acknowledge it. It wasn't his choice and Dean should know that by now. Seth didn't want to break up the group and potentially ruin his and Dean's relationship, but he was forced to. Doesn't Dean know how much it breaks Seth's heart to think about the past? To think about what he had done? 

"I didn't want to, Dean. I was forced to," Seth whispered, staring at the ground. He felt defeated, as if anything he said meant nothing to his former lover. 

"Forced to? Oh, here we go with another excuse!" Dean exclaimed, pacing once more. He fumbled with his shirt, his hands slightly shaking. "All you keep giving me are excuses. I want some truth. I want to have some fate that somewhere in that black heart of yours, there is still love for me. That you still care. Yet, all you keep doing is feeding me your lies. And you expect me to trust you and your word?" 

"Dean, I'm sorry," Seth whimpered, wanting to hug Dean and never let him go. He hated seeing him so upset. "Please, give us another chance." 

"I can't," Dean repeated from earlier. "I'm not giving in and letting myself get another broken heart. I can't handle it."

"You won't be broken hearted, I promise." 

"Don't promise me something you can't control."

Roman set a hand on Dean's shoulder, making him stop pacing and look at his Samoan friend, the one he had kissed only days ago. 

"Give him a chance, Dean," Roman said, looking him in the eyes. "Give in to your temptations."

Dean swore he could feel his heart melt when he looked into the powder blue eyes of Roman Reigns. This man was built, his muscles bulging, and he had a nice demeanor. He was the best guy you would ever meet. He was so understanding and would have your back through thick and thin. He kept Dean's anger under check many times and made him soup when he was sick with the flu. This man was a keeper and Dean didn't think he should give up on him that easily. 

"Give in to my temptations, huh?" 

"Yes, that's what I said, Dean." 

"Okay," Dean responded, shrugging before pulling Roman close and kissing him passionately. 

Seth's eyes widened, feeling betrayed as tears clouded his vision. 

Roman didn't know what to do or how to feel when Dean let him go. "Woah." 

"What? You told me to give into my temptations. So, I did," Dean informed him with a smirk. "You're welcome for that, by the way." 

Seth sniffled, letting himself begin sobbing. He ran out of the room and slammed the door. His heart was completely shattered and he blamed it on all Roman. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HEY! Hope you enjoyed :D I love you all! <3