Chapter 35 ~ I'm Envious Of You

Seth slept quietly, curled up in the warm blanket he was provided with. Dean laid with Seth, rubbing his back in circles in an attempt to comfort him. 

Seth had an IV that was giving him fluids since he was severely dehydrated, and once he rested up, his doctor suggested he have a meal or two. He feared Seth would develop anorexia and informed Dean to make sure he ate whenever possible to prevent this. Dean, of course, agreed. 

Dean peeked up to see Heath standing in the doorway, leaning against the frame. Heath had a small smile, watching the couple. 

He had never liked Seth in  the past and therefore didn't support the relationship, but now that he had fully understood Seth's side, he wanted them together. Why? Because they were genuinely happy with one another. Neither were as happy as they were when they were with each other. 

"Hey, stranger," Dean greeted, voice soft to keep Seth from waking. The abused man stirred anyway, turning and clinging to Dean, pulling him in close. He whimpered as he laid his head on Dean's chest, relaxing lightly when he could feel and hear Dean's heart beating beneath him. "Shh, you're okay, baby boy. I'm right here." 

He kissed Seth's head and held him close. Heath chuckled and walked in quietly. 

"Hey," Heath replied, taking a seat on beside the bed in a chair set there. "How's he holding up?" 

"Good so far," Dean answered, looking down at his lover. "He's having some PTSD issues from the kidnapping, though. He woke up screaming and crying a little earlier and I had to calm him down. I gave him a kiss and some Ginger Ale and helped him back to sleep. The doctor gave him an IV to get fluids back into him, too. He was dangerously dehydrated. And after he wakes up, we're getting him a meal or two to choke down." 

Heath nodded. "What's with the Ginger Ale, though?" 

"He has an upset stomach," Dean explained. "We had him try eating something earlier and he threw it up. He hasn't had anything to eat in a while so even the little bit of food made his stomach cranky, apparently." 

"Oh, I see." 

Dean took a deep breath, watching Seth as he slept. The man looked so peaceful, something abnormal for him due to all he had been through. Dean wished he could have ended it quicker for him, but he was clueless. He felt moronic for not realizing this sooner. Why hadn't he? Was he that wrapped up in Roman's lies to see what was going on behind the scenes? Possibly.

It wasn't all his fault. Roman had taken advantage of him when he knew Dean was vulnerable. He was pregnant and emotional and clung to anything or anyone who gave him the attention he so badly craved. He wanted someone to care and love him.

And Roman had tricked him into thinking he had found someone who would. Who did.

He hoped Seth hadn't blamed him and from what Seth had previously stated, he didn't. He blamed Roman for taking advantage of Dean when he was at a low point. Roman was the one who deserved suffer, not Dean.

But Dean couldn't be fully sure. Maybe Seth said that to keep him near. Maybe it was a lie. Dean couldn't know for sure, not yet, anyway.

Seth stirred, whining and clinging to Dean. The pregnant man tried his best to comfort him despite the baby kicking harshly.

"Baby, you're okay," Dean groaned, the pain growing. "Fuck. Baby stop kicking your daddy, please."

"You alright, Dean?" Heath asked, prepared to run for a doctor if the baby was on its way. "Anything I can do for you?"