Chapter 26 ~ The Past Interferes

NOTE: If you are reading on a laptop, you may need to REFRESH the page! When previewing, the chapter only showed half of it for some reason. The END OF THE CHAPTER IS THE WORLD 'tell', not 'hello.' THANK YOU! <3

Seth decided he would stay in the little apartment he began renting out since he already paid a few months ahead and that would be a big waste of money. Dean agreed to stay with him and when the time was right, they'd move into together. At least that's what Seth hoped. 

He knew him and Dean would have to smooth out the creases in their relationship, but so far, everything was going well. Dean had apologized more than once for what he did; for going with their now ex-best friend to patch the hole in his heart. And Seth had apologized more than once for what he did in the ring that tore those two apart in the first place.

Although unsure if Dean had fully forgiven him, he wanted to marry him, to make him his once and for all. He wanted to wake up to Dean's pale face and bright blue eyes every morning; he wanted that to be the first thing he saw. He missed them being together and now that they were, he refused to let go. He would hang on as long as possible. 

It had been a week since they had gone to work; Seth wasn't sure he even had a job anymore and Dean was on pregnancy leave. Dean had agreed to go into the arena they're having the show at on Monday with Seth so he could talk to Vince and them about where he stands with his job. The last time they heard, Seth had been in a hit-and-run accident, so maybe they'd take it easy on him. That's what Seth hoped, at least, because he'd need this job to take care of Dean and their baby on the way. 

Dean and Seth hadn't really spoke about what they wanted to name the baby, boy or girl. They were both too nervous that neither wanted to start the conversation. Of course both men were excited for their baby on the way, but they were also terrified, as any good father-to-be should be. 

Dean was probably more afraid than Seth about the baby since he would be the one having a C-Section to bring it into the world. He tried not to think about this fact since he was only a few months along, but it was something he would have to do eventually. He felt like it would be weird to talk to Seth about it, so he kept quiet.

The couple cuddled up on the couch together, watching random shows they found on the television. Seth had his arms wrapped around Dean, rubbing his almost 5 months pregnant belly. 

"Can we watch some cartoons?" Dean questioned, peeking up at Seth. The two toned haired man grinned, chuckling at his boyfriend. "What?" 

"Nothing, baby," Seth smiled as he changed the channel to one with cartoons. "I know the baby will love this part of you." 

"This part of me?" 

"Yeah, how you love cartoons." 

Dean giggled. "I'm sure they will. We can watch cartoons all of the time. I'm sure it'll calm them down." 

"I'm sure it will. And being with you will make it even easier on them," Seth agreed, kissing Dean's cheek to make him blush. "You are so cute when you blush." 

Dean hid his face in the crook of Seth's neck, cuddling closer. He gave it a soft peck, making Seth shiver slightly at the contact. Dean smirked slightly, about to nip at it more when his cell phone rang. 

With a groan, Seth let him go so he could get up to grab his phone. Neither understood why someone would be calling on Dean's cell phone when most knew they were relaxing at home. 

Dean got up and grabbed his cell phone off of the stand nearby that he had it resting on, looking at the number. All of the color in his skin drained as he saw the digits, a lump in his throat forming. Of all people, why would he be calling?