Chapter 29 ~ Hinting Around

Dean sighed as he entered the arena, staring around with a sad expression. Everyone around him seemed to be cheerful, full of excitement and joy. He was the complete opposite after what Seth had done to him. 

Dean was close to having the baby; he was around 8 months now. He was nervous about the C-Section even more now that Seth was no longer a pat of it. Who would be there to hold his hand and tell him everything would be okay? 

He'd have no one. 

The thought of being alone had always scared Dean. He hated being by himself the majority of the time, except for those he took for just himself. Otherwise, he wished to be around people, have conversations, and to feel the heat of someone else's body heat radiating onto him, giving him warmth on the cold nights.

Those were things him and Seth used to do. They would snuggle on the couch on a cold winter's night, watching a movie of usually Seth's choice with snacks and soda; they liked to throwback to their teenage years. Neither knew each other at that point, but they told one another of their experiences and combined them. 

Dean would be lying if he said he didn't miss Seth. Each day that passed was harder than the last, the realization of what had truly occurred slowly sinking into him. Seth had left him. But why? What did Dean do wrong? 

From what Dean knew, the two were happy. They were planning their life out together, preparing for the adventures that lie ahead with their unborn baby. The next minute, Seth had disappeared, leaving the ring behind as evidence of his betrayal. 

Dean took the hint. Seth didn't love him and when he came to that conclusion, he bailed to prevent himself from leading Dean on any further. A piece of Dean appreciated that fact, but the rest of him was horrified and hurt. He had been used enough by people, especially lovers, and he was becoming more than sick of it. He felt disgusted with himself for allowing this experience to repeat itself with different people and he knew he should change, but he couldn't. He had a good nature about him that wished for world peace and equality; he wanted to help everyone, even though he knew he couldn't. 

He slugged his way to the locker room they had provided him, despite his vacation from wrestling. They claimed they didn't want him to feel left out, so they gave him his own private, cozy space to watch the live show backstage. He was appreciative of this gesture and took advantage of it by getting there early. 

Meanwhile, Seth stayed in the same position he had been in for days, feeling lightheaded and dehydrated as his stomach grumbled. He groaned as the shades flashed open, blinding him temporarily. He knew this wasn't a good sign, but kept his mouth shut out of fear of the consequences if he didn't. 

"Hello, Seth," his husky voice bellowed, bouncing off the walls of the small cave-like area. "Miss me?" 

He muttered under his breath. "Yes, totally. You asshole." 

"What was that?" he growled, storming over to his chained up victim, grabbing him by the chin. "You feel like repeating that?" 

Seth chuckled. "Not really. You should have been listening the first time." 

The Samoan huffed as he let go, shaking his head. "You're a moron. You think you can mouth back to me?" 

"I kind of am," Seth replied, tipping his head slightly. "Are you deaf or just not listening? I think it's a little bit of both, if I'm being honest. You aren't focused today, huh? This isn't much fun anymore." 

Seth's lips curled into a bloody smirk, his teeth still covered in crimson red goo from the day previous. There was a lot of fighting, a lot of anger, and a lot of pain on Seth's end. Although he knew this would end in a brutal beating, he had to tease the dragon, sort of speak. He wanted to get under Roman's skin.