Chapter 13 ~ You're Being Suspicious

Dean stood in front of the mirror, staring at his red, puffy eyes. He noticed his chapped lips and how they stuck together when he closed his mouth. The way his face looked flushed and pale. It was if he wrote 'I'm Sad' on his forehead. 

He splashed some water on his face, taking deep breaths. He had a match tonight and he needed to focus. It may be against Bo Dallas to build himself up, but he still needed to do his best. He needed to have his mind in the right place. 

There was a knock on the bathroom door. He checked the clock on the wall and realized he had been in there for over fifteen minutes. 

"Dean, are you doing alright in there?" Roman questioned, pressing his ear to the door. "It's been almost twenty minutes." 

"I'm fine. I'll be right out," Dean reassured as he dried his face off.

 Roman backed away, having Dean's wrestling gear prepared for him. They were going to be late and he wouldn't have time to get dressed at the arena. 

Dean finally came out with a fresh feeling face. His eyes didn't look as red as they did before and his hair was wet down to cover up the wildness it held earlier. 

"Damn, baby, you look great," Roman grinned and kissed Dean softly, taking his hand. "I put our bags into the car already. Let's head out." 

Dean gave a small nod and went with the older man, staring around the hotel like a small child. Roman led him to the car and helped in before hopping in himself, driving them to the arena. Dean spent the entire time staring out the window, hoping to forget all of his problems so he could focus on his match. 

Roman pulled into the parking lot, finding a space quickly. He peeked over at Dean, seeing the younger man frozen in his place, which sparked a bit of worry in him. 

"Why doesn't he love me?" Dean whimpered, feeling the tears form once more. He wanted them to stop, to leave him alone and never return, but his emotional state always brought them on. "I loved him with all of my heart, Roman." 

"Well, you did tell him you didn't have feelings for him, Dean," Roman responded, turning towards him. "He didn't think you cared anymore." 

"You're no fucking help," Dean spat as he unbuckled and opened the door, running into the arena without his bags. He made it inside and to a bathroom. He slammed his back into the wall, cringing at the pain it brought. He slid down, plopping onto the floor. He curled his knees up to his chest and sobbed. "You're an asshole." 

Someone came out of one of the stalls, looking over to see Dean sitting there. He washed his hands quickly, drying them with a paper towel. He threw that away before sitting beside Dean, looking at him. 

"What's up with you?" 

Dean recognized the voice. Why would he be talking to Dean? He slowly peeked up at him, sniffling. 

"Why do you care?" Dean asked, his eyes back to the bloodshot red they were earlier. He thought he had his emotions under control, but he proved himself wrong. "No one should. I'm nothing but a piece of shit." 

"Dean, you know that's not true," Heath responded with a frown. "I care because I've been in your place. I've been down in the dumps like that before because of what the WWE did to me. They kept pushing me down further and further until I didn't have matches. I was almost fired, but I fought my way back into the business. I know how it's hard to be strong. It was hard to be a 'One Man Band' and have no one to support you. I know your situation is different, but I can sympathize with you."