Chapter 20 ~ I'm Not Telling Him

Roman had noticed Dean's sudden attitude change. He wasn't as clingy to Roman anymore; and the Samoan disliked that greatly. Dean was his, no one else's, and no one should try taking him away. If someone did, Roman was going to be giving them a beating. 

Dean was currently asleep in their shared bed, curled up besides the Samoan. His hands were resting on his belly, rubbing it softly with his thumb. Roman thought it was cute that Dean was so protective of his unborn child. 

Roman kissed the top of Dean's head, tucking him in and slowly going to the kitchen to grab a snack. He was proud of Dean and how well he was coping with everything. 

He walked by the phone and to the fridge, looking through it as he contemplated what to eat. Except, he couldn't think due to the fact that there was a message left on their phone that he didn't remember seeing before. 

With a raised brow, he stepped back and looked at the blinking '1' on the small screen. He leaned back to peek out at Dean, being sure he was still resting peacefully before clicking the button to listen to the message. 

"Hey, Dean, it's Seth. I haven't heard from you in a couple of days and was just wondering if everything was okay with you and the baby? I'd like it if you'd keep me updated. Oh, and if you'd like to hook up again, send me a text and I'll get home quick. I had fun the other night; I really missed feeling our bodies touching and being so close. You always smell so good, too. Uh, anyway, I'll see you around, yeah? I still love you, Dean." 

Roman's eyes widened as he listened, biting down on his fingernails at the beginning and clenching his hands into fists by the end. A range of emotions ran through him all at once and he wasn't sure which one he should be feeling the most. 

"Dean?" Roman screamed as he turned, only to be face-to-face with his pregnant supposed-to-be "boyfriend." 

"What, Roman?" Dean said, no emotion to his voice and a blank expression. "What can I help you with?" 

"Did you just hear that message?" Roman asked, a slight panic emerging from within. "What the hell is talking about?" 

Dean shrugged, acting dumb. He wasn't about to reveal his little secret to Roman, who would only go beat Seth for it when Dean was the one who asked for it. Dean couldn't allow Roman to hurt Seth over this, therefore, he kept his mouth shut. 

Roman's panicked expression didn't make it easy for Dean to stay as calm and nonchalant as he was, but he somehow managed. 

"Yes, I heard it," Dean answered, taking a step forward. "But I don't know what he's talking about." 

"Did you do something with him?" Roman questioned, sadness in his tone. "Please, tell me you didn't." 

Okay, I'll lie to you, if that's what you want, Dean thought to himself, but said nothing. He stood face-to-face with a teary Samoan, wondering whether it'd be better to spill the beans about what had happened the other night or to cover it up some more and pretend everything was okay. 

"I didn't, Roman," Dean replied and took Roman's hands into his own. "Please, believe me. I wouldn't cheat on you, ever." 

Biggest lie I've ever told, Dean mentally punched himself. If he could do it in real life without getting a strange glare from Roman, he would. But then Roman would know something's up and pester him about it until he revealed it. 

He decided it's best he kept this to himself.

Roman sighed and looked into Dean's eyes, seeing them sparkle with truth. Why would Dean lie to him? He wouldn't; Dean has no reason to.