Chapter 15 ~ Um, Excuse Me?

Seth rubbed his stomach when he heard it growl. He looked through the fridge, trying to find something to eat, but nothing looked appealing. A leftover salad from the night before, some milk and juice, and bagels didn't seem to be enough for him. 

Sighing, he slammed the fridge shut. He had enough money to fill the fridge, but was the point when this was a temporary stay until he could find a better place? This rundown apartment was one his aunt owned, and still owned, so she allowed him to stay there. 

He figured it'd be best to just go grocery shopping anyway. He couldn't starve himself  and he has no idea when he'll be getting a better place. Slipping on his shoes and jacket, he walked out the door, heading to the store. 

As he drove, his mind was on other things besides food. He was thinking about Dean and the life he left behind. He knew he made a mistake. He missed Dean and wrestling. He missed running around the ring, slamming people down with one hit. And he missed the way Dean would give him a passionate kiss the moment they met up backstage, whether Seth won or last the match. Dean was always proud of him. 

Why did Seth have to fuck things up between them? He made a promise to never turn his back on Dean, in and out of the ring, and yet he broke it. He allowed his in-ring persona to follow him into his real life. 

It broke Dean. Dean had put so much trust into Seth, only to have it broken. It was as if it was destined for Dean to always be unhappy. It's not fair to him. 

Seth tried to apologize, but Dean wouldn't take it. It angered Seth that Dean wouldn't just accept it and move on, but thinking back on it, he realizes why Dean did that. Seth doesn't blame him now that he understands. 

Dean was heartbroken over what Seth did and although he didn't want to hold onto something that was no longer there, he couldn't forgive Seth. He couldn't bring himself to finally accept the apology because it meant he had to move on and get over it. Seth would have done the same thing in the situation, considering he's still in love with Dean. 

Seth will never understand why Dean  claimed to no longer love him. From what Roman had said, Dean was still hopelessly in love with the two-toned hair man, which is why it made no sense. Perhaps Roman was lying to Seth to spare his feelings? The answer is unknown, but it broke Seth's heart to hear that.  

It seemed to Seth that Roman had been taking Dean's side with this situation, which was unfair in every way. What's the point in having a friend like Roman if he was going to take sides? 

He sighed as he made it to the store. As he parked his car, a song came on the radio, sounding familiar. He turned it up and when he figured out what the song was, he teared up. It was the song Dean and Seth dedicated to each other. A song that meant the world to both of them, but now? Seth wished the song had never existed. 

He turned the volume down and got out, heading into the store to get some groceries to make breakfast with. 

Dean, on the other hand, was drowning in his misery. He was pregnant and where was the baby daddy? Nowhere to be seen. Instead, he had his best friend, who was now his boyfriend, helping him out. 

He missed Seth dearly. Why was he so stupid? Why did he let Seth believe he no longer had feelings towards him? Because that was the complete opposite of how Dean felt. He wanted Seth back in his arms. He wanted to hold him close and whisper loving things into his ear like he used to. He wanted to bury his face in Seth's hair, telling him how good it smelled and asking for a recommendation on what shampoo to use. He missed it all. 

Dean screwed up on that part. He could have forgiven Seth right then and given him another chance. But, he didn't. He  shoved Seth farther away and then wondered why Seth eventually left. It was his fault, but to a point.