Chapter 17 ~ Arguments Reveal Truth

Seth's eyes widened and he almost choked on the water he was drinking, coughing harshly. Dean bit his lip, watching silently. He was thinking the worse, but was hoping for the best.

Seth slowly looked over at Dean. "Y-You're pregnant?" 

Dean nodded. "With your baby." 

"H-How do you know?" Seth asked, his heart thumping in his chest rapidly. It felt like it was going to pop right out. His rib cage ached due to his heavy breathing. 

Was this happening? Was he going to be a father? It had always been his dream to be a father to a beautiful or handsome little child who would grow up calling him 'daddy', but this felt surreal to him. He couldn't believe this was reality. Unless this was all some sick joke Dean was playing on him in an attempt to get him back. 

But, why would Dean want him back? Dean told him straight out he no longer loved Seth and didn't care if it broke his ex-lovers heart. 

"You're the only one I've had sex with. Well, without protection, I mean," Dean responded with a small shrug. "So, you're the only one who could be the babies father." 

"Wait, what?" Seth inquired, confused. "You've slept with other people?" 

He felt his heart break. He had only ever been with Dean, no one else, so to hear this was devastating. Who else had Dean been with?

Why should it matter to him? He's the one who abandoned Dean. It might have been for the best, but it still could have hurt Dean to the point where he felt like sleeping around was the only way to cure his heartache. 

"Well, yeah. Haven't you?" 

Seth couldn't believe his ears. Of course he hadn't! He was hopelessly in love with Dean. He had never even thought about sex with another person; Dean was his one and only. 

"Yeah, of course," Seth lied right through his teeth, adding a chuckle for effect. He was trying not to show his pain since it seemed like Dean didn't care. "Why wouldn't I be getting myself out there?" 

Dean was kind of suspicious of Seth; something didn't seem right about him. He decided to ignore the feeling and focus on what was important: if Seth would help raise the baby. 

Obviously Roman would help him, but he wanted the baby to have both of its fathers in the picture. He hoped Seth would agree. 

"I don't know and it's none of my business," Dean said quickly, getting straight to the point. "Anyway, are you willing to be a father to our baby?" 

Seth grinned, wanting to kiss Dean right there. He knew the lunatic wouldn't kiss back, though, and he didn't want to embarrass himself. 

"Of course!" Seth exclaimed. "I'd love to be in your lives again."

"Seth, I never mentioned being directly in my life," Dean told him, keeping his eyes on the road. "I just wanted to know if you wanted to be in our babies life."

Seth wouldn't admit it, but he was disappointed in Dean. He was hoping for more from Dean, but he should have known better. Dean was too busy being a man whore to pay attention to him.

"Oh, right," Seth sighed, looking down. Dean noticed and felt bad, but what could he do? He wanted Seth, but he didn't want to be hurt again. "Uh, yeah, of course. I already said I would." 

"Alright. I'll let you know when the ultrasounds are so you can be there with me," Dean informed him. He was afraid to mention Roman. "If that's okay with you, of course. I don't want to pressure you into anything."