Chapter 21 ~ You Damn Traitor

Seth grinned wildly. "Yeah! Fancy seeing you here!" he repeated.

"Uh, yeah," Dean chuckled nervously. "Why are you here?"

"Well, I could ask you the same thing," Seth replied with a small shrug. "I'm here because this place has the best burgers in town! I love them."

"Just like you love Dean still, apparently?" Roman howled lowly, anger in his voice and a look of envy. He stood up from the table and walked over to Seth's, staring into the smaller man's eyes while breathing heavily. "I heard that voicemail, Seth. You stay the fuck away from Dean, you understand me? I hear you lay one finger on him and I will end your life."

Seth only laughed in Roman's face. He had gain the strength to stand up against Roman for once.
"You really think I'm afraid of you?" Seth questioned with a raised brow. "Keep dreaming, kid."

"I'm not a kid!" Roman scoffed.

"You're sure acting like one," Seth told him with no fear of consequences evident. "You're older than Dean and I, yet you act more immature. It's time you grow up, see the facts, and move on. Dean will never love you, Roman. You can't give him what I can."

Roman shook his head with disbelief. He couldn't believe Seth would say yay. He thought Seth was over Dean already. Why was he still hanging on to love that had obviously disappeared from human existence?

"Aren't you supposed to be training some up and comers right now?" Roman asked, desperate for freedom from this obsessive freak.

"Today is my day off, Seth answered. "Dean, you need to put this big baby to bed; I think he needs a nap."

Roman looked back at Dean, pleading for backup with his eyes. Dean simply shrugged, unsure of what to say. Seth had a point that Dean couldn't refute.

With a huff, the Samoan turned back to Seth. He wanted so badly to be the everliving shit out of the two-toned man right then and there, but didn't wish to be banned from Dean's favorite restaurant and didn't want to be arrested.

Dean got his phone out and texted Seth: Seth, please stop arguing with him. Ask him if you can eat with us. If he says no, I'll say yes and he won't go against my word.

Seth heard his phone go off, confusion written on his face until he read the message. He sent Dean a wink, putting his cell away.

"Don't you ignore me while I'm talking to you!" Roman huffed loudly.

"Can I sit with you guys?" Seth inquired, interrupting him.

Roman was puzzled by Seth's sudden question. "What? No, you fucking moron!"

"Yes, Seth. Come join us," Dean said, smiling and patting the seat beside him since Roman had taken the one across from him. "We don't mind. Right, babe?"

Roman was shocked by Dean's response, quietly wondering if there was something secretly going on between the two. But, he decided to trust in Dean's word and left it at that.

"Right, baby," Roman sighed. "But I'm sitting next to you. He can have the seat across from you."

Seth was a bit disappointed by this, but dealt with it. It was clear Dean didn't want Roman to know of their charades just yet, so he'd keep his mouth shut about it because he didn't want to lose Dean. Even if they were only friends with benefits, Seth was okay with that. He got to be around Dean and that's all he really wanted.