Chapter 10 ~ Happiness Is Key

Seth felt bad for leaving, but he knew it's what he had to do in order to keep Dean happy. By staying there, they were both suffering. He left to give Dean space to figure himself out. 

He sighed as he put his stuff away in the apartment he was renting. He was only a few hours away from where Dean and Roman currently were for the next WWE show, but at least he wasn't there to ruin everything. 

He climbed on the couch, curling up with a blanket and watching the TV. He missed Dean so much and kept looking at the pictures of them together on his phone. He tried so many times to finally delete them, but he couldn't bring himself to do it. 

Seth hoped that days to come were easier to get through the one he had just experienced.

Dean laid in bed with Roman, cuddled up to him tightly. Roman had his arms wrapped around the smaller man, pulling him closer, if that was even possible. Dean felt safe in the Samoan's arms, a different feeling than the one he had when he was with Seth. 

"Did you sleep well, baby?" Roman asked, making Dean flinch at the word 'baby'. Roman noticed and sighed. "I'm sorry, Dean." 

"I slept fine and it's okay," Dean replied, pulling the blanket up more. "Please, just give me time before I start saying any of that, okay?" 

Roman nodded. "I understand and I'm sorry for doing that. I totally forgot. My fault, not yours," Roman owned up to his mistake, which made Dean happy. 

Dean smiled and laid his head on Roman's chest, listening to his heart beat. Knowing Roman was the reason he was still alive made Dean grow feelings for the big Samoan. It made him think that maybe Roman was the one for him and not Seth. Maybe Seth was right; he needed his space so he could move on completely and stop hanging on. 

Dean felt stupid, as if he had been hanging onto something that wasn't there. As if he was clinging to a relationship that was going nowhere but down.

If Seth cared as much as he claimed to, he would have stuck around longer, just like Roman said. He would have stayed a little longer in hopes that they could work things out. However, Seth didn't. Instead, he ran like the coward he said he wasn't. He ran away from his problems rather than confronting them like he should have. 

Dean realized that avoiding your issues would do nothing but bite you in the ass later on due to past experiences. The best thing to do is to confront your problems, even if you get a bad result. It'll end up better in the long run. Because that way, you won't have these things haunting you and you wishing you had done something to stop it ahead of time. You'll be happy that you did figure things out so you could fully move on. 

What if Seth didn't want to move on? What if he wanted Dean to keep hanging on for his own pleasure? To watch him suffer under his power? 

The lunatic hoped this wasn't true, but couldn't know for sure. Seth did leave, so he was trying not to make Dean hurt. But, at the same time, he knew it would hurt Dean. It could really go either way, but Dean preferred to think of it the most positive way he could. 

"Thank you for being there for me, Roman. It really means a lot to me," Dean responded, looking up at him. "Especially after what Seth did. It still hurts." 

"It's going to hurt for a while, Dean. It's a fresh wound," Roman pointed out, rubbing Dean's back. "But, you know I'm here if you need anything. To talk, to vent, to cry, whatever. I'll be right there whenever you need something." 

"This is why you're my best friend. You're always there for me when I need you. Unlike Seth, who was only there when it was convenient for him. It was really irritating, actually," Dean said, remembering the time they had together.