Give Me One Reason

Jacob p.o.v

Waking up...on the floor that is, I get up and stretch. It looked nice outside. I looked over at Diggy and seen him making funny faces in his phone.

Jacob: what are you doing?

Diggy:im on snapchat.

Jacob:oh..I wanna go for a run. It looks so heavenly outside.

Diggy:well get ready.

Jacob: you coming with me?

Diggy: hell yes. People get snatched up and beat up on this campus everyday. That's why I stay in this room.

Jacob: wow....well I gotta keep my body right.

Diggy:i see you getting a lil muscular. Then again i got you beat.

Jacob: I mean you work out every single day. I was depressed for like two months.

Diggy: lol. .well come on

He got ready and left. We started our jog. I feel so free...well I did have my shirt off. In not trying to attract nobody because I'm still in love with Chresanto. Plus he still has my heart. We made it to the track.

Jacob: damn. I forgot how big. Football field was.

Diggy: how many laps you wanna do?

Jacob: 4 runs..4 walks

Diggy: well come on..we got class at 2.

Jacob: how do you know I gotta class at two.

Diggy: well I looked at your schedule. We got all classes together. Also...I do not drive my car to classes..I walk.

Jacob: what have you turned into..a fitness terminator?

We were now on our 4th running lap.

Diggy: so...why are you really here?

Jacob: I have a full scholarship Diggs. Act like you know that. Why would I let that go to waste?

Diggy: Jay..we've been friends since diapers and ik when you use an excuse to cover up a lie. I'm  your best friend and ik the only reason your here is to get Chres back.

I stopped running. Half was true..but not all of it.

Diggy: am I right? Correct me if Im wrong.

Jacob: well...that's one reason .The other reason is i want a higher education. Im not chasing Chres..Im just chasing our love.

Diggy: Jay, he still loves you. You making yourself seem like a love stalker. When its the right time..he'll come to you.

Jacob: have you and Nicki ever broke up..or taken a break?

Diggy: no but we have arguments

Jacob: well its not the same as my situation.  The other night I seen Chres wit that dude..I likely died. He moved on and hasn't even thought about our life we planned. His mom stop talking to him and everything. What did I do ? Not a damn thing but love him. What could have possibly hurt his heart..me being beat and raped by my father?

Diggy: I don't know!!! Im just tired of seeing you crying. Can't you see Im trying to get your mind off things. Your such a good person but your walking around like you have no life.

Jacob:  Diggs...I don't. My life is gone!!! Chresanto was my life!!-

He stared at me then looked down.

Diggy: then what the hell am I? Just a fucking dude that you vent to. Am I a stranger...a friendly enemy....? No..Im just a person that thought he had a place in his bestfriend's  life.

He walked off.  I didn't mean to hurt Diggy. He does have a place in my life. He holds me together. I gotta fix this.

Chresanto p.o.v

I got up extra early because I had to fix my eye. Yes...Quees hit me again. He got mad cause I didn't wanna go to a party with him and his boys. I didn't wanna go cause it was six of them and one of me. Anything could have happened. I put the makeup on and headed to class. Walking in, I wave at Diggy and sit by Nicki.

Nicki: wassup

Chres: tired...

Nicki:you know what..that bitch got one more time to put his hands on you and imma his left ball off.

Chres:he didn't hit me.

Nicki:  ok..number 1, learn how to lie and number 2, learn how to blend your makeup with your face.

Chres:omg...

Nicki:you gotta work tonight?

Chres: yep..until 11

Nicki: you know you don't have to work. I can give you the money.

Chres: nah

Nicki: have you talked to Jay? Ik he'll help.

Chres:i haunt seen Jay in awhile. I need to talk to him about us though. I miss him.

Nicki:well...if that ain't him walking through the door its a ghost.

I looked up and seen Jacob walking through the door. Those eyes..those teeth..that skin..that hair.GOD!!!! I turned the opposite way.

Chres:omg..omg..omg

Nicki: you ok?

Chres:i think im pregnant again.