VIII

******* ⚠️ TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️  ******* 

This chapter depicts themes such as rape and sexual assault. If these themes are harmful to you, please skip ahead.

******

VIII

The Machine

       I woke with a groan spilling out my lips complementing the slobber that came with it. Gross. Groggily my eyelids separated and shook my head as the tidal drifted over me. They drugged me. I could feel the kickbacks of it slowly easing out of me. Tugging at my arms, I frowned noticing that they were tied at the wrist. I was on my stomach and my legs were spread apart, each tied at the ankle. I was naked, exposed for anyone to see, and I couldn't do a fucking thing about it.

My hair was tied back, twisted and neatly put in the middle of my back. The raven's wings had been tucked away. I had been showered, that much I could tell from the sweet citrus tickled my nostrils. My body felt cleansed, like a newborn babe my skin felt cotton soft. Craning my neck to the right, I tried to pull on my arms again, wincing as the ropes dug into the skin that had been bruised before. My wrists would be scarlet red by the time I was finished with this place; all they did was chain and cuff me, giving me scars for a lifetime. Giving it a few more tugs, I gave in. Defeat settled in my bones and my head sunk in shame, hitting the dark plastic bedding I was in - or rather tied to.

I didn't know what to do or what to think. I had everything in place, I observed everything that happened while I was in that cage. I even got out of the fucking cell and ran. I prepared everything. I mean, sure, I didn't know where I was running to but that couldn't have made my attempt a failure, could it? Statistically, it would only hinder the plan by twenty percent right? It wouldn't, shouldn't, have caused a failure. I had everything mapped out. How was I back to square one?

How was I back to nothing?

There was a plan, there was procedure - everything was lined up. I even thought ahead, dreaming of what my mother would do to these assholes once she heard what they had done to me. No doubt Uncle Seth would've torn them limb from limb and Rohan - don't even get me started on what he would've done. With my mom, he was just as bad as her.

Everything would've been back to normal. I wouldn't be tied to a bed wondering what else could these people do to me. Instead, I would be having a nice bowl of popcorn in my room pouting as my mother scolded me for allowing them to catch me so easily. She would've forced me back into training, no doubt, but things would've been back to normal.

Now, I didn't know what to expect. Now, everything was ruined.

A door opened, the gushing wind like a blanket spread over my naked backside, and a shiver ran down my spine. Trying my best to look around, with my body being tied down and all, I only managed to see the flashes of black through the corner of my eye. I heard footsteps, boots pounding as they gradually circled me.

I felt his finger trace my spine, just a feathery touch as it moved, making its ascension to my neck. He pulled on my hair gently before allowing his hands to finally rest on my shoulder. It was as if he was comforting me, reassuring me that it was okay to relax. I inhaled when his hand gripped my neck tightly, forcing me to look up at him.