LII

LII

The Forgotten

O  N  E    Y  E  A  R    L  A  T  E  R

We live by what we learn. We love what others have laid before us. Our species have been taught to follow the example of others before us, but gave them that right? Who do we live by? Who do we love? Who do we trust?

In every aspect of life, we are faced with challenges and it is those challenges that determine our very outlook. Our own perspective. In fact, the most complex minds have challenges for their challenges; a test on our ability to handle whatever obstacle has been thrown in our way.

"Oh yes!" the man above me groaned in pleasure as he slid in and out of me. I rolled my eyes and faked a moan, eager for this to be over. He took me from behind with as much force as he could muster, but I hardly felt him. Thankfully, my back was to his chest so he couldn't see my bored facial expression.

This was why we trusted. However, that trust had to be earned. In anything that you, a marginal line of trust and respect had to be outlined. You had to know everything, be everything.

I forced my walls to tighten, a little trick I learned from Desiree, and heard him breathe one final groan before he released inside me. The little sex minx had all the tricks up her sleeves.

It was like playing a game of poker. You had to know your players; know the hand you've been dealt and play it well. Respect and trust were earned, and if you played your cards right, you might have already had the two most important trades around a table filled with liars and thieves.

"Gets better every time darlin'," he grunted, landing on the bed with a contented sigh.

I rose to my feet, walking across the room and throwing on the light blue silk robe.

"Do you have what I need?" I asked him, my back turned to him as I grabbed a glass of red wine.

"Would I disappoint you?" he responded confidently and I resisted the urge to scoff. I could think of at least five times when the fvcker had disappointed me and I'm not referring to his below average d!ck size. I heard his feet hit the floor and he walked towards his briefcase that ended up being buried underneath his suit. He threw the contents down on the bed before he turned to me.

"It's all there," he stated. I didn't make a sound, but my eyes didn't sway from the paper documents.

"And it's reliable?"

"I'm willing to bet my life on it,"

At this, I met his gaze.

"You better be," I responded pointing to him with the wine glass nested in my hand. I strutted towards the bed and scooped up the files in my hands before I took a seat.

"And the girl?" I aired the question, skimming through the information.

"Terminated."

"Good." I flipped through the pages, pleased that everything was there. I'd have to read it in detail of course. "Now get out."

***

There was something wrong with what I was reading, I thought to myself as my eyes scanned the documents presented to me. With my legs folded and one hand nursing a glass of red wine, I read and reread the two folders carefully. A precaution to ensure I wasn't interpreting it the wrong way.

The end was near. I could feel it in my bones. These folders gave me that much. The man had not only presented me with the devil's bidding but my thread of hope. Over the last year, I put to rest my terrible plans of escape and made myself a promise. Not only would I escape, but I will drag this place down with me.