XX

XX

The Kill

       I was limp. I hadn't realized that until I opened my eyes only to shut them back instantly when golden rays almost blinded me. My palm went up to my face, blocking this intrusion, and I noticed that I was no longer trapped in the darkness. Sprawled out on the floor, with my hand still raised to shade my eyes, I took note of the large room and realized I was not alone.

 Sprawled out on the floor, with my hand still raised to shade my eyes, I took note of the large room and realized I was not alone

The room kept six men in its bounds. To the far left of where I laid, Grant stood tall with his hands bound in front of him and a hard scowl on his face. Flanking him was Jose, who wore a smirk on his face possibly at my weakened state, and the Short Man whose name I still didn't know, his displeasure of being here was evident. My eyes swept to the right where two men stood in the same defensive stance behind Hector De Donté.

It was obvious who held the power.

His face held no emotion, something that reminded me of the few times I was with his son. He must've learned it from him. The older De Donté curled his lips into a cruel smile when he realized I was now looking at him. He hadn't changed a bit since the last time we'd seen each other.

I hoped the man was dead for crying out loud.

"Ah, la puta eleva," he announced cynically, "finally we can begin." With his hands folded behind him, he slowly strutted towards me as his words echoed in the spacious room.

"I've heard you've been causing some... problemas, senorita. Por qué? I do believe my instructions were clear. You are to follow the rules set by mi hombres," he had neared me now, only a few feet again. He looked down at me with a frown, his nose scrunching up as he came closer. He decided not to step a foot further, disgust dancing in his eyes.

"Asqueroso," he spat out and I heard chuckles from the others who stood were watching.

"Desobediencia. You know what it means, si? It is disobedience, the lack of compliance or obedience. ¿Esto tiene sentido? You have not been obeying my men, senorita," he tsked while he paced waggling a wrinkled finger my way as if scolding me, "you have been muy mal, muy muy mal indeed. Let us recall in a list si; you refused to wear full work attire for Jose," he beckoned to to Jose, "si?"

A good little puppy he was, Jose nodded immediately, "Si, Senor. She only came in the top, not the bottom as is required for all employees,"

Hector nodded, "Then, you managed to... oh, I forget the English word... Stab? Si, you manage to injure the head of my clothing cartel with a pair of scissors. ¿Por qué tenía unas tijeras?"

Jose cleared his throat, "They are normally given tools, Senor, so they can work faster and produce more product,"

"Descuido," he glared then turned away and smile down at me, "but I come to understand that was not the end of your troubles. You seemed to also find yourself in a... un incidente sexual, injuring one of the best trainers in this division."