LI

LI

The Formality

        Telling her story didn't stop the pretentious smile she plastered on her lips as soon we arrived at the hotel. The sign was lit up at the top and side of the building but it didn't, couldn't, compare to the stars dazzling the dark skies. I got out after her, my eyes taking in my surroundings. Venus and Desiree had gotten here before and I saw brief flashes of them entering the hotel. Through the revolving doors, I saw them looking around before Desiree's eyes connected with mine and Snow's.

Matching Snow's pace, I walked through the doors. Luxury met me as soon as I walked in and I couldn't say I was surprised. Light, cracked marble covered the floors, shined to perfection to create the perfect reflection under the refulgent beams of light above it. Mahogany wood lined the walls and columns, complementing the dark crimson red sofas in the waiting room. A touch of greenery gave the lobby comfort and welcome.

"Pretty nice, right?" Venus smiled as we reached her.

"Definitely nicer than the one last year," Desiree chimed in.

"Ladies," a voice called out from the grand staircase to my right. The man was dressed in a black tuxedo with a white dress shirt underneath and a bow tie tied around his neck. He had a small towel around his forearm. He was a waiter.

"Please follow me," he said softly, his voice sounding like velvet, "our guests are waiting."

       He was right. The room was packed with men and women chatting freely amongst themselves. Dressed lavishly, these men and women resembled nothing of the world I left behind. I would've never guessed they were associated with Hector De Bastardo, but here they were, dancing and gallivanting with each other without a care in the world.

Music played softly in the background, creating a calm aura around the room. The more I saw, the more disgusted I was. The women who weren't in fancy dresses for this classy event were dressed in lingerie and corsets acting as the help. I'd seen many parties like this before - in a much lower capacity.

After all, we didn't have a penthouse at our fvcking disposal.

"Good evening, ladies," the woman at the door greeted us. She wore a black and white maid lingerie outfit with matching heels, her perky breasts on full display. She smiled warmly at us as she said, "I'll be more than willing to take your coats."

The three women around me shed their coats and instantly the attention revolted around them. I was a bit more hesitant. It was, after all, my last piece of dignity.

"Umm... your coat, please?" the woman looked at me, and I saw fear in her eyes.

"Trinity," Desiree scowled. Rolling my eyes, I stripped myself of the coat and handed it to her, watching her scurry away behind us. I scanned the room once more, now noticing that more eyes had turned our way, including the diva herself. Aria had chosen to wear a cream lingerie, the shade almost blending in with her soft toned skin, and a pair of off-white heels. Her legs were on display, barely covered by the matching fishnet stockings she wore. She wore beauty as if it were another article of clothing. It wasn't knowledge to her, and it certainly wasn't knowledge to the three men surrounding her.

I watched as she laughed with them, her smile almost blinding. She didn't see me, not yet anyway. I strutted across the room, my eyes never leaving her form. The clicking of heels behind me told me that the girls decided to follow me. Men and women cleared a path for us, and it was only when we got halfway across the room that her eyes met mine.