XIII

XIII

The Nightmare

      I was permitted a shower for my good behavior, is what the short man came and said to me shortly after Grant left the room. A dry scoff came from my throat and I shakily rose to my feet, stepping through the door. Everything was a blur. The walls seemed to be doing motions, the ground copying it's notion, shifting right from under me. I grab a hold of whatever I could but given the situation, it was difficult to find what was there from what wasn't.

Pushed from behind, I fell on all fours, my arms barely being able to hold my weight. I was going to fall, further than I had already fallen, further than the pits of hell. I was going to fall further than hell itself.

A twinge of hope clouded me as a hand reached out and grabbed me. A twinge of hope clouded me as the thought of being saved came. That twinge of hope made me feel safe, telling me that this was all a bad dream and that I would wake up any second now.

But, like glass, that twinge of hope shattered in pieces.

I was being pulled up, but not as far as my hopes led. I could only be pulled up so far, my soul being tarnished, tormented in the devil's home. I could hope all I wanted, but the smarter part of me knew I was here for a while. The smarter part of me knew I had to derive a new plan of escape.

"Move," growled the short man behind me, thrusting his hand into my back and sending me spiraling into the washroom. He threw a command at my back.

"Shower," a snarky remark followed, "be grateful your trainer has been generous to give you the privilege of food."

A bit my tongue, not bothering to release the witty response that sparked, and stripped my clothes before spinning the knob and letting the water pool over me. I closed my eyes, the gushes flooding my pores, losing myself deep down inside. A sigh of contentment escaped my lips, simply not seeing how my time here could get any better than this.

Opening my eyes, I reached for the bar of soap and rubbed it between my palms before washing myself. The water stopped midway through making me look up at the rusty shower head in question.

"Time's up," a voice sounded behind me. Grant's voice. I spun around not knowing how long the little pervert had been standing there, and without a word, I stepped out and pulled on my thin slacks. A smirk on his lips, his eyes taking me in as he walked towards me. He stopped just a foot away from me, tilting his head to the side.

"We're going to enjoy each other Trinity," he said more to himself than to me.

"It doesn't say much for you as a man if you have to drug women to get them to sleep with you," I retorted looking him right in the eye. He did the unexpected, throwing back his head in laughter.

"We really are going to enjoy ourselves training," he nodded, "and we're going to start with that smart mouth of yours."

With that being said, he left the room in a voice of confidence. I rolled my eyes before turning to the short man standing at the door with a secret smile on his face.

"Place will be learnt," he said.

Go learn English, old man.

I didn't say that though, I only walked passed him heading through the entrance and using my gut feeling, I turned left. The evening sun shone through the grilled windows above me, the glass shards creating a spectrum of colors of the beautiful orange glaring outside. Not shortly after, I was pulled by my forearm and I was carried in shackles to the room I occupied before. My back was to the door, not caring if the idiotic man was behind me, not caring about the world behind me.