XL

XL

The Weapons

       Darkness ruled beyond the blinds. I missed the daylight that was shunned out earlier; I missed the light. My stomach growled as the time passed by, effectively coming in as soon as the drug officially wore off.

I hadn't heard from Axel De Bastardo since he told me he wanted to have sex with me, and I couldn't be more pleased. At least I could suffer in peace. I glanced up at my wrist to see it scorching red, the evidence of my struggle clearly shining in the shadows.

My ears listened keenly, making note of every sound they could hear. I heard the air conditioning unit spiraling air through the apartment; I heard the haunted chirps of crows outside the windows; I heard everything but I didn't hear him. His voice, his footsteps, his breathing, nothing. His presence was nowhere.

Did he leave?

I couldn't help the spark of hope that ignited through me. Did he actually leave me here all alone? I scanned the room, looking carefully at the rocking chair especially, before a small grin spread across my lips. He wasn't here. He left. The thought made me giddy. It meant one thing and one thing only.

My escape. My final escape.

Careful to not rattle the cuffs, I tried tugging at them, begging for a release. I pulled harder and harder but it only caused the bed head to bounce against the walls. There goes that idea. I would have to make my hands small in order to slip through.

I muffled the screams that threatened to pass through my lips as I twisted my hand. The pain was unbearable, but I knew I had to try and get out of here. I had to try. Tears pricked down my cheeks and I closed my eyes as I pulled harder. Just a bit further, Trinity, just a bit further. A cry escaped lips at the last pull and I was certain defeat would kick in, but the burning sensation found my free hand. My free hand.

Without hesitation, I sat up and grabbed my arm into my lap, carefully inspecting the damage. It was bruised for sure, and it would probably be like that for a couple days, but it was worth it. Taking one look at the cuffs, I allowed a small smile to cover my tear stained face before I got up off the bed.

The cold air instantly hit my half exposed body, the black lace lingerie barely leaving anything to the imagination. I wanted to change, but I didn't know if or when Axel would be back. I would have to get something on the way. My stomach grumbled again. I'd have to solve that problem as well.

Cautiously, I tiptoed to the bedroom door, opening it quietly before I peeked outside. The living room was plagued with darkness, but the pin head lights in the kitchen made it easier to see. I looked left, my eyes scraping over the couch where I presumed he would be sleeping but found nothing. I looked further left to the large glass windows, expecting him to reveal himself from the darkness and tell me it was a nice try but I wasn't going anywhere, but still found nothing.

This was it.

Peeling the door open, I quietly ran towards the front door only to find it locked from the inside. A huge golden padlock shone in the light, and I could see my reflection in it. The lock grinned at me, grinned at my defeat as it knew it was the only thing that came between me and my true freedom.

Wait a minute... if this lock was bound from the inside...?

I didn't have time to finish the thought, the sound of a sleepy grumble came to my ears. As swiftly as I could, I ducked behind the kitchen counters. The hastened beat of my thumping heart, the darkness hiding me in its folds. I heard his footsteps now, as they moved towards the room I came from - as they moved further away from me.