LVI

LVI

The Ultimatum

        It was impossible to think that a man who plotted out the revenge of the woman he loved would do something so stupid.

"Why is he doing this?" I asked Axel as he continued to strap himself with weapons. The brown leather holster stood out on his white dress shirt.

"I don't know Trinity!" he shouted, "why don't you go ask him and see how best that works for you?"

I glared. He glared right back.

"Don't point your anger in this fvcking direction," I snarled as I moved closer to him. We were now neck to neck, watching each other like prey.

"Don't -"

"No, you don't," I interrupted, grabbing his face with one hand so he could keep my gaze, "think about it. Without all the anger, think about why he would do this."

Cursing in Spanish, he closed his eyes. His fingers were curled into fists as he breathed out harshly. After a few minutes, I felt his right arm circle around my waist and he buried his head in the crook of my neck.

"He's done this before," Axel stated before he pulled away from me and moved towards the black bag on the bed.

"He what?"

He pinched his nose. "Trinity I have no time for this," he said throwing the black bag over his shoulder. He made a move to walk past me but I put a hand on his chest to stop him.

"I'm coming with you, you assh0le," I said to him. His gaze wouldn't leave mine for anything and I could see the questions lingering in his eyes. He didn't ask, but he didn't have to. He knew what the answers were going to be.

As much as I hated him, I hated his bastard of a father even more.

Then his gaze went down to my body, only covered in his shirt. Despite the situation, a slight smirk came to his lips.

"I don't think anyone would take you seriously if you're dressed like my personal wh0re," he said.

I glared, "I'm not your personal wh0re." I moved from in front of him and went to the dresser, digging through the second drawer until my eyes met the black leather outfit. I grinned, pulling it out and running my fingers down the material. In seconds I went from drowning in his black shirt to skimming in a tight, low V neck jumpsuit then walked over to the closet for my knee-high leather boots.

Axel, eyeing every move I've made since I stripped out of his shirt, raised an eyebrow at my choice of outfit.

"You gave me your card one day, remember," I shrugged.

"And you bought a leather outfit out of the blue?" he questioned.

"It was my ideal escape outfit so if you don't want me to use it to help you and your sister, I suggest we get going,"

He tsked before turning his back and walking towards the front door with me on his trail. If anything was sure tonight, someone was going to die.

That someone was going to be Hector De fvcking Donté.

We quickly got to the lobby and inevitably ran into Ravenna who wore a concerned frown on her face.

"Axel -" she started.

"Do not," he growled, pointing a finger in her direction, "you knew what he was up to. You know what he's capable of!"

Ravenna took a step forward.