LIX

LIX

The Vengeance

           "Come on, sweetheart, you can't go," we heard Nick whisper softly from the back seat. Axel and I shared a look as he sped up. Thankfully, we had managed to lose sight of Hector's men who were chasing us but that didn't mean that we were safe. None of us were safe.

"Te amo, mi amor," I heard Caroline whisper and I closed my eyes at her fragile voice. This shouldn't be happening, especially to her. She didn't deserve to die.

"Don't..." Nick's voice cracked, "don't do that. You're going to be fine."

"Axel, we have to find a hospital," I told him. His jaw tightened as he speared a glance at his sister in the back.

"Te amo, mi hermano," Caroline continued and her bloody hand appeared between Axel and me.

He cursed in Spanish and vowed that nothing would happen to her. Taking one look behind him, he swerved the car over and came to a stop in an alley behind a dumpster. I opened my mouth to question him but he spoke to Nick first.

"You have to take her to the hospital," he said before he climbed out. He bent down and looked at him through the cracked window. "It's the only chance she's going to have." I could see the grief on his face as he looked at Caroline.

"Trinity and I will fend them off if they come this way," as he said that, his eyes locked with mine. Despite his pain, he wanted revenge. Well, fvck, so do I. Caroline didn't deserve this. Lynx didn't deserve this. Jackson didn't deserve this. All those men that stood by our side didn't deserve this. They deserved to be avenged.

I nodded at him before climbing out of the car with the bag of weapons in hand.

"Nick, get her to Sharp as fast as you can. He might know a doctor that isn't under my father's pay grade," Axel ordered. Shakily, Nick nodded and took over at the front seat. Axel popped the trunk and took out a first aid kit, digging in until he found multiple strips of gauze bandages.

"You know how to treat wounds right, angelita?" he asked me as he stuffed my hands with the white wraps. I looked at him wide-eyed.

"Just do your best with that. We only need to stop the bleeding," he added before shooting off to the end of the alley to keep watch. Sighing, I took the bandages and sat beside her in the back. Her skin looked pale and her eyes were droopy but she managed to smile at me as I sat down.

"I'm... I'm sorry you... had to be... apart of this mess," she breathed out.

My eyes ran down her form, noting that Nick had managed to remove her baby blue blouse and white spaghetti strap blouse, tying them around her chest and lower back in an effort to stop the bleeding. Both articles of clothing had been soaked in blood making the former colors unrecognizable.

"I'm sorry you had to have an assh0le of a father," I muttered. "Listen to me, you're going to get through this. Nothing is going to happen to you," I told her while removing the wraps from around her to replace them with the proper bandages.

"Just keep your eyes open and you'll be fine," Nick encouraged from the front.

She was losing too much blood, but I managed to wrap the gauze around her chest and her waist, putting pressure on the bullet wounds. Her eyes were fluttering to close but she tried her very best to keep looking at Nick.

"Trinity, we need to go," Axel announced as he rushed back to my side. His eyes were blazing and he was armed. The fight wasn't over.

"Nick, get to Sharp. We'll take care of these assh0les,"