XLVII

XLVII

The Domination

         The journey to the club had been silent. I refused to say anything to him, he respected that and said nothing either. I didn't dare look at the bastard, not once. Silence consumed us. Was it right to feel angry? Disappointed, maybe? My conflict of emotions had me wondering about the dark eyed man beside me.

He gave me the courtesy of breakfast.The bastard had talented hands and that wasn't just in the bedroom. Breakfast was delicious, but we did that in silence too. The brash waves of anger rolling off him this morning were greater than anything he had experienced with me. Our hatred towards each other was vengeful, yet playful. This was raw rage. I'd seen it last night too, through my dazed vision, when he pointed the gun at Felix and threatened him.

The bastard made me dress up like a fvcking Barbie doll, wearing a tight little royal blue dress I'd bought along with tall black heels. My hair hung loosely in a ponytail. Once he scanned my outfit with his dark eyes, we were out the apartment and into his car.

He was driving at lightning speed, the skyscraping apartment building disappearing further and further beyond the dark rain clouds. His hand movement caught my attention, a reflex when my senses detected any movement. With one hand now on the gear shift, I saw how white his knuckles were from his grip on the steering wheel. My eyes flashed up to look at him, seeing his hard gaze dead set on the road before him and his lips pressed in a thin line. His jaw clenched and unclenched, his fingers following the same motion.

We entered the outskirts of the city, the luscious greenery acting as a bridge from riches to poverty. They were too easy to contrast; the glass structures standing tall in the skies and the deteriorated slums leaning against each other for support.

People walking on the sidewalks stopped and stared at the darkly tinted machine speeding down their crooked roads, their eyes watching in curiosity and fear.

The name De Donté must've been known well. People were right to be afraid because nobody, not even me, saw this coming.

We parked directly in front of the club I'd been all too familiar with and Axel jumped out the minute he stopped the engine. Taking my time, I hopped out and took everything in as he crossed the hood of the car and stepped beside me.

"Let's go. I don't have all day," he grumbled, wrapping his fingers around my forearm. Glaring at his pissy mood, I matched his stead as we walked towards the double doors.

"Axel!"

Both our heads turned sharply to the right when we heard someone call. It was the bouncer I'd found useful when I was here. Wearing a tight black tee and black jeans, the tall man strutted over towards us, his eyes sparkling in surprise when he saw me.

"Red, you're back!" he greeted.

I smiled at the nickname.

"You're always getting yourself in some sh!t, huh?" he questioned when he stopped and folded his arms across his chest, making his huge muscles strain against his black shirt.

"These assh0les can't seem to leave me alone," I told him truthfully but my tone was light.

Axel's arm tightened around my arm.

"Ed, I don't have the time to talk," he said, "I'll see you in a bit. I have to bring her upstairs, boss' orders."

You could hear the underlying anger in his voice.