You Left Me

(Y/N)'s POV

I ran the fastest and longest I ever had in my life to get to the store. When I arrived police cars, fire trucks and ambulances had already arrived, and the news reporters were just arriving. I started frantically research the area around the bombing scene.

The whole place looked devastating. The air was filled with debris and a thick layer of smoke. There were still a ton of small fires here and there. I didn't recognize the place, it looked like...well...it looked like someone had blown up the place.

That's when I saw the what I wished I hadn't. Every victim from the bombing had cuts and bruises and gashes all over their bodies. Everything was a lot more graphic than I thought it would be. I imagined I'd see things like what you would see in the movies. But despite the image, the one thing a movie could not let you experience was the smell. It was a combination of suck foul things that I had to stop walking for a little bit to just stand there and gag. But once I continued my search for Jack everything only seemed to worsen, the place began to look even more charred and the smell of gun powder in the air increased by a lot.

Then I saw the green hair. I ran over to him and immediately started looking for injuries, which were far from hard to find. I could immediately see that he had a big cut on his head, and it was bleeding...like...a lot. His left leg also seemed to be pretty mangled under all this debris.

I kneeled down next to him and carefully layed his head on my lap. My eyes started to tear up as all I could do at the moment was cradle him in my lap. I tried to stay strong for him. But I felt a single tear run down my cheek. Then a stream of tears.

I kept cradling his head in my lap, slowly rocking back a forth until the paramedics came over and took Jack away from me.

But I was still able to ride in the ambulance with him. When we got to the hospital I was reluctant to let go of his hand. And they made me stay in the waiting room while they rushed Jack to the hospital.

(Timeu skipeu)

It felt like a millennia, but it was only an hour and a half, until the doctor came in and called me name.

" (y/n) (l/n)"

So I stood up and rushed to the doctor.

"That's me," I squeaked

The doctor immediately went into a summary of Jacks condition. The whole time my mind was buzzing with thoughts so all I heard was;
"Sean McLoughlin...possible memory loss...room 126"

And I was off, practically sprinting down the halls.

120...122...124..125

I slowed down to a stop as I reached Jacks door, my hand hovering over the doorknob. To be honest, I was scared. I don't really fancy seeing my...boyfriend? hooked up to a ton of machines, in a concussion.
I slowly opened the door.
Jack was asleep in a bed in the corner of the room. The sound of monitors beeping immediately filled my ears. There were a lot of monitors, wires, and tubes all around Jack. I sat down in a chair next to his bed and took his hand in mine.

"Oh Jack" my voice cracked.

Why did this have to happen to him? He doesn't deserve this. He deserves endless happiness, not even temporary pain. Why?

Why why why why why why WHY

"I'm so sorry," I whimpered