Fighting

(Y/n)'s POV

The sun was starting to disappear behind the ocean. We still haven't heard anyone else but we didn't dare to move.

And thank god we didn't. Cuz right at that moment they all came running below us and damn did it feel like we were right back in Ireland cuz guess what they had with them...dogs. OH GOODIE

I held my breath hoping for the best. Hoping that we didn't get caught.

I looked over to see Mark and Jack frozen in place, good boys.

But of course we didn't have such luck. I could hear that the dogs were barking and not moving. Staying right under us.

"We know you're up there. The best thing to do is to come down before we make you," a loud voice shouted from down below. And he was right, we didn't have any other choice but to come down. It's not like we were going to sprout wings and fly away. And we definitely weren't going to go tree jumping. That will most likely just kill us quicker than not. But once we got to the ground there could be a few choices. Either we make a run for it...again, which I actually wasn't very happy about doing. We could surrender and let them take us. Or...we could fight.

I carefully made my way down the tree, and I could feel everyone's eyes on me. And when I got to the ground Mark and Jack were still up in the trees. Can't they get a clue?

A tall man came up to me, he was wearing one of "The Team" vests. I got a closer look at it and saw that they actually had a name. "Retribution". Lovely.

"You have made the right choice. But we know there are more of you. So if you could tell them to come down h-" but he couldn't say anything else due to my fist in his face. Everyone was shocked but me. I continued moving and Mark seemed to pick up what I was doing quickly and was down on the ground punching and kicking ass within seconds. But Jack seemed to think about his choices for a few more seconds.

Finally all three of us were throwing punched and elbowing people in the guts and dodging any punches thrown at us. They wouldn't use their guns cuz of friendly fire. But they were definitely stronger than us. We still didn't have a chance. They would call reinforcements and we would be done for. I didn't think this through very thoroughly. Why were they even against us in the first place? We didn't do anything. But I guess we had no choice.

In the midst of my thinking someone punched me right in the gut, sending me stumbling back, then a pair of strong arms wrap around me. Disabling me so I couldn't use my arms. I tried to kick and squirm but that just made things worse. I was out.

As I could only watch the other guys were still fighting their best but I knew they were getting tired.

"RUN" was the only thing i could say before I felt something prick my arm and my eyelids became heavy.

I was just able to see Jack throw a final punch before they turn and ran out of the park.

There was still some hope.

Jack POV

"RUN" was all I heard.

I glanced over to see (y/n) held tightly by someone. Anger boiled inside me. But she was right. Mark and I couldn't fight all of them. Our only chance was to run...again. So I punched the guy in front of me one more time before Mark and I sprinted out of the place.

My lungs felt like they were on fire. My muscles were aching and sore. We had to stop soon but we hear people chasing us. That is, until Mark pulled me down so that we were quickly sliding and tumbling down a bank of slippery mud into a hidden stream at the bottom. We crashed through the bushes and plants that were concealing the flow of water, and now concealing us too.