Helpful friends

(Y/N) POV

I ran at the edge of the tree line along the road so we couldn't be found easily but still know where we were.

I looked behind me to see Jack falling behind, so I slowed my pace and jogged beside him.

"Are you able to-" but I was cut off by a dog barking

"Great, just great. They have the dogs on our trail." I groaned.

I frantically looked around us. Looking for anything that could help us. Then found something.

"Jack! Come on!" And I ran a bit deeper into the woods. Jack following like a lost puppy.

At least until he yelled out of surprise

"AAAHH ITS COLD AND WET AND SQUISHY AND WHAT THE HELL DID YOU LEAD ME TO!"

"Sh," I said, trying to suppress a laugh,"it's a just a creek. Now let's keep going."

"Wait,"

"What?"

"Why do we need to walk in a freaking creek? Where are we going? What were you going to ask me before you ran off deeper into this place,"

"I'll answer one question right now and the rest later. I promise," I looked around to make sure nobody was near. "Can you climb trees?"

He looked at me like I was crazy

"Are you serious?"

I just glared at him

"Ok. I don't know. But I can try."

"Good enough"

And I walked back towards the road. But still staying in the trees. It wasn't until I heard distant shouting and barking that I knew we had to do something.

I groaned, I can't believe we are in this situation

"Let's test out our tree climbing skills,"

And I walked up to a tree and started inching my way up. Jack following close behind until we were out of sight of anyone on the ground.

"Wow, we actually got up here,"

I said breathlessly after I was able to get into a position where I could let go of the branch with both hands and still balance easily.

"Yah"

And we just sat there in the tree for a while. Catching our breath and listening for anyone.

"So...why are we up here?"

I sighed

"The reason I ran deeper into the woods and into a creek was because there were dogs chasing after us that could pick up our scent. Cuz dogs have strong noses like that. But the water washed away what we smell like...at least temporarily. So I asked why you were able to climb trees cuz the last time I checked dogs can't climb trees unless they have super powers or something, and people don't climb trees too often, because we are dumb assholes."

It was weird having to remember to explain everything to Jack. Cuz he was a newbie to the world.

"Oh..ok and where were you planning on taking us?"

I looked at him, hoping he remembered a few things.

"Do you remember how to book a flight?"

His eyes widened

"Are you seriously thinking of leaving Ireland?"

"Well not permanently, just until we figure out what to do about any of this,"