Found

Mark's POV

"So," I said flopping down on the couch where everyone was sitting, "Do we just wait till they come by or something fans tell us what to do or do we have to figure that out?"

"I think we should just wait," Jack said, looking off into space.

"Ok"

The room fell silent after that. And it stayed that way for a while. Leaving me to my thoughts.

I was still trying to get my thoughts off the topic of the challenges but things happened a bit quicker than I expected.

The door bell rang and I jumped up to get it. But when I opened the door I heard a bang, immediately after I felt  an immense pain in my side and I fell to my knees. I could faintly hear everyone else call my name. But my mind could only focus on who was standing in front. From Jacks description, Nurse Hollie was standing in person in front of me with a gun in her hands.

"What do you want!" That was Jack

"911.......shot.......soon!!" That was Ethan

I felt someone drag me across the floor then a lot of pain as Tyler applied pressure to my side to try and stop the bleeding.

"You.......supposed......make it......far," Hollie again

Then black

Jack's POV

Mark jumped up to get the door and that's when everything seemed to go in slow motion, but I was frozen.

Mark opened the door, I heard a bang and Mark fell to his knees, then I looked to the doorway and Hollie was standing there looking insane with rage and a gun held tightly in her hands.

Tyler, Ethan and I immediately went into action. Tyler and I ran to the door while Ethan whipped out his phone to call the ambulance.

Tyler started hauling Mark away from the door.

"What do you want!"

I could faintly hear Ethan talking on the phone behind us.

"You weren't supposed to make it this far!"

"But we did,"

"And for that, I will make you pay for it,"

Hollie started trembling with rage and I had no idea what to do. I tried to think of what has helped me in the past.

What would happen in a movie?
What would you do in a video game?

Stall

Stall for time

"Hey, I actually have a question," I said as casually as I could

Hollie seemed taken back by my statement, but the anger was replaced with annoyance

"What is it,"

"Why do you want to destroy our lives so much?"

So many emotions washed across her face for a split second.

"My son,"

"....huh?"

"My son was a big fan of yours. And that's why he died. Because of you,"