Running

(Y/n)'s POV

I quickly but quietly got as far away from the door as possible without being seen, tugging Jack behind me. But I could still hear the two men at the door.

"No, I haven't seen them at all. Why would you be looking for them?" Mark played innocent.

"I would advise you to be wary of your choices, they are determined to be psychopaths, and will beat up anyone in their way," they were both silent for a moment. "If I were you, I would turn them in if you find them, if you don't turn them in if you find them, the consequences will be...well...not so good for you,"

And with that I could hear Mark close to door and his quick footsteps to where we were hiding.

"You guys have to get out of here. Quick! They seem to be watching my house but I don't think they are watching the back. It might be the most open to find someone but right now it's our best choice. What do you say?"

I glanced at Jack and his eyes were wide and his mouth was opening and closing, like he was trying to say something but couldn't make any sound.

"Let's get going," I said.

They both looked at me, Jack looked terrified, and Mark looked like he was being serious for once. But we got up and made our way outside to the backyard. And the next thing I know Jack and I are jumping the fence and staring at the city below us. Who knows who we could find down there. And it suddenly didn't sound like a very good idea to go that way. I looked behind us.

"Could we possibly go up there, then turn and go to the beach then figure something out from there?"

I asked after a few seconds of us not knowing what to do.

"That will be extremely tricky and it will take a long time." Mark said.

"Well then what are we waiting for."

I took a few steps forward but the guys didn't budge.

"What I'm trying to say is you can go that way. But not for long here in the desert without food and water."

And Mark jumped back over the fence and went inside. Jack and I just stared at him like he was crazy. But a few minutes later he came back out with three backpacks that seemed to be filled with things that we need.

"Ok, let's go."

And we started walking around the neighborhood.

Once we got to a road that led up the rest of the mountain and past Mark's street we saw a large van parked in front of his house. At first I thought it was the UPS because it was dark. But then thought different. There were too many gadgets and technical stuff. It couldn't be a mailing company.

So we carefully crossed the road and kept going up.

------

Mark's POV (cuz y not)

My mind still hasn't processed exactly what has happened. And what is happening. Everything just came up so suddenly that its so hard to comprehend. Like, why the fuck are Jack and (y/n) being chased by these people.

The three of us have been walking for about an hour before we reached the top of the mountain. We all stopped to take a break and rest our feet and take a drink of water. I was feeling rather ok, even though I played video games for a living. But the other two weren't doing as well.

"So, how are you liking LA now?"

I asked. And we all chuckled.

"Dude why do you live here it sucks," Jack said and (y/n) and I started laughing harder. Jack just started looking confused but gave in and started laughing with us.

A few minutes later we were making our way toward the ocean and it took us another hour to get down the mountain before we had to actually walk through the city and get to the water. That would be the hard part. Getting through the city without being noticed. But that's why I came prepared.

"How are we going to get trough the city without being recognized?" Jack finally asked the question. I just smiled

"You ever heard of makeup?"

The two of them looked like they just saw an animal giving birth (yes I said that, now deal with it).

But I was able to put a little bit of makeup on them to kind of disguise them then I took out weird colored hairspray and sprayed their hair. Then gave them each a hoodie to put on to mostly cover their faces.

This was going to be great!

(Y/n)'s POV

I hate this I hate this I hate this I hate this I hate this. I don't particularly like makeup. At all. And this hoodie was old and was way to large for my sweating and heated body. Then this hairspray was making my hair go crazy, along with the color that was bright orange. I think Mark should be classified as the crazy one.

It seemed to take literally forever to make our way through these streets. I lost track of where we were going and was amazed that Mark actually knew where we were and how to get to the beach.

There was a left, then another left, then a right and we went straight for a while, then took another left and a right. But I finally gave up and just followed Mark.

It took a few hours of pure labor but we finally arrived at the beach and I immediately took off the hoodie and went to get the makeup and hair spray off of me. I was so uncomfortable I cant even describe it. Soon Jack followed.

Once we were done cleaning up we went back to Mark who was standing as far away from the water as possible.

"So what do we do no-" but he never got to finish.

We heard a big truck pull up and multiple people jump out. The sounds of guns and metal could be heard from here.

Guess what we have again?

Trouble.

Oh hey it's already Saturday I didn't realize that   It's gone so fast 😂