Cleopatra

"Doctor this is just a costume." Anne-Marie said grumpily.

"And it's a very great costume!" the Doctor countered spinning around in his own long tunic. "

They're never going to believe that we're Egyptians!" Anne-Marie said flinging her arms down and gesturing to herself.

"Why not?" the Doctor asked stopping and looking at her.

"First of all we're too white. Pale as paper!" she said. the Doctor looked at his arm turning it around and around.

"Yes, i suppose we are." he said. Then with a shrug he said "Oh well. Let's go outside!" he flung open the Tardis door to reveal a bustling city. People peddling goods; fabrics, beads, food, cups and plates. Carts being pulled and pushed down the street. There was a flurry of fabric as people pushed themselves through the crowd. They looked at the Doctor strangely. who was this pale creature they thought to themselves. They weren't about to stop and ask though.

"Doctor!" Anne-Marie shouted and pushed him out from in front of the door. "Oh, wow." she said staring at the scene before her in amazement. "This is.." she started.

"Fantastic. Brilliant." the doctor finished in excitement.

"Breathtaking." Anne-Marie continued.

"There's a new one." he said. "Whoa!" he cried out as she grabbed his hand and plunged into the crowd.

"Come on! Let's look around!" he would've lost her if not for the fact that her perfectly white tunic shone and her skin was as pale as the moon. She found her in front of a stand selling shimmering fabric of red, blue, gold, and orange. "Look at this Doctor!" she cried happily.

"Yes very lovely." he turned to the shop owner.

"Tell me are the pyramids built yet?" he asked.

"Yes, where have you been for the past 600 years." the man answered. Anne-Marie's laughter rang out. People stopped and stared but continued on their way. "Which one would the lady like?" the man asked turning toward Anne-Marie.

"Oh i couldn't possibly afford this." Anne-Marie replied lightly.

"But of course. You could buy out this whole shop and more." Anne-Marie and the Doctor stared at each other confused.

"You bear the mark or royalty do you not?" the man asked feeling slightly confused himself.

"As a matter of fact we are." Anne-Marie said smiling pleasantly at him.

"One moment." the Doctor said holding up a finger and pulling Anne-Marie aside. "What are you doing?" he asked a bit demanding.

"Oh come on! It's Egypt in 45 BC we can pretend to be royalty and no one will be the wiser!" she said with a shrug.

"The point of my adventures is to keep a low profile." the Doctor countered. Anne-Marie rolled her eyes.

"Have you ever kept a low profile?" she asked.

"No, but that is not the case here!" he shouted as she turned away and walked back toward the man.

"I'd like the blue one please." he handed it over with a bow. "See he's bowing." she whispered to the Doctor. He mocked her and she gave him a stern look. The man was still bowing.

"Of course the lady does not have to pay right away." he started. but he never got to finish his sentence.

"Delightful!" Anne-Marie said turning around.

"This way Doctor." she called over her shoulder. With a roll of his eyes the Doctor started to follow. Suddenly the crowd of people started to part to the sides and get down on their hands and knees in a bow. Two angry scary looking guards were marching down the road.behind them a litter decked out with all the bells and whistles that signified royalty.