Drifting

A/N:

The picture is a coupel examples of Kajui's

"Now. The suit may be a little big on you Anne-Marie." a man says as he begins to place it on Anne-Marie and strap everything on. "It was for a woman not much bigger than you." the metal links encased her arm and Anne-Marie grew puzzled.

"What happened to the woman?" Anne-Marie asked. The man hesitated to answer.

"Nothing." Connor said coming up behind her.

"Now you are barely tall enough for this machine. Once you are both linked up you will begin Drifting..." Connor was cut off by the Doctor.

"Drifting? Like on the water?" he asked as someone strapped metal around his leg.

"No Doctor. Drifting is what links both of our minds up so we can become a better team. So you'll be in my head and i'll be in yours." the Doctor stops squirming as the men around him attach the plates to his chest.

"Our minds will be linked?" the Doctor echoes.

"Yes. Didn't we say that before.." Anne-Marie asks quizically.

"No! You can't be inside my mind! Nobody can be inside my mind!" the Doctor hsouts moving away from the people half strapped in to the armor. Anne-Marie looks at him a bit afraid.

"Doctor it's okay. No big deal." the Doctor shakes his head furiously.

"We're not doing this. We can't." the Doctor continues.

"Why not?" Anne-Marie demands.

"Because then you'll know everything! Everything about me! Everythign about what I've done. Parts of you future! You can't be inside my head!" the Doctor shouts.

"Would that be so bad?" Anne-Marie asks quietly The Doctor opens his mouth to answer but he doesn't know what to say. Then Anne-Marie looks over at Connor. "Wait.. What were you going to do if we didn't arrive to be your Piolts?" Anne-Marie questions crossing her arms and staring at Connor.

"Go in myself." he replies roughly.

"Well why don't we do that now. You have more than one Jaguar. All three of us could operate one separately." the Doctor inquires but Anne-Marie and Connor quickly shake their heads.

"Pilots, Doctor. Plural." Connor nods at the confused look on the Doctor's face. "And it's Jaeger, not jaguar Doctor." the Doctor blushes and nods. "Before when the Jaegers were first built they were meant for only one piolt, but after a couple of failed test runs with one pilot, they found it too difficult for a single mind to control a machine of this size. So drifting was created and the Jagers modified to accommodate two Pilots. One to control the right part and another to control the left. Drifting links the mind. You work as a whole to defeat the Kajuis. When a thought passes through her brain" Connor says tapping Anne-Marie's head lightly. "It's passed onto your brain." Connor continues poking the Doctor in the chest. "The thing about drifting. Is that you can't get stuck to an emotional event in your life. It will keep you there and freeze you in that moment. You have to let everything flow through you. If you trust Anne-Marie enough you have to let her into your mind." the Doctor became grim.

"She can't get inside my head. There's so many secrets, so many things I know that she won't be able to live with. That she can't know about her future, about her life. They're locked up in here and they need to stay locked up in here." the Doctor said pointing at his brain.

"Then i suggest you leave." the crew stop working around them. "Leave. I'll pilot the Jaeger in your absence and you won't have to worry about this alternate Earth. Just go." Anne-Marie narrows her eyes at the Doctor.