Sickness

The Doctor rushed out of the Tardis carrying Anne-Marie. He grabbed a pillow off a couch and put it on the ground laying Anne-Marie's head down on it. She was out cold. Her arms had turned a sickly green now. the Doctor didn't know what to do. his hands hovered over her but he didn't touch her. Guards burst through the door Cleopatra with them. She gracefully glided through the room. "Those are my good pillows. "she murmured. The Doctor didn't reply.

"How do we help her. Have your people found a way to slow the process?" the Doctor asked. with a wave of her hands a team of people clad in white with strips of cloth over their mouth and nose rushed in and picked up Anne-Marie gently. "Where are you taking her?" the Doctor asked stepping forward to take Anne-Marie back but Cleopatra stepped in front of him blocking his way one hand on his chest pushing him back. "I'll have to go with her." the Doctor said sternly pushing down her hand.

"And i need you to save my people." Cleopatra replied angrily. "There is nothing more you can do for her. Once it starts the only thing we can do is sit and wait and try to make them comfortable." Cleopatra told him. The Doctor glared down at her.

"She's my... Daughter. I have to be with her." he started to move past her but two guards appeared blocking his way. The Doctor grumbled and turned back to face Cleopatra.

"The best thing you can do is find the source of this problem and fix it before she gets worse!" Cleopatra urged. The Doctor looked at the ground hands on his waist tapping his foot. He looked back up at her.

"Has this ever happened to someone as young as her?" the Doctor asked. Cleopatra hesitated. "Tell me." the Doctor said getting in her face. Cleopatra cleared her throat and took a step back composing herself.

"Yes." she said simply.

"And what happened to them? I only saw what looked like adults down there?" the Doctor demanded. Cleopatra sighed and touched her forehead.

"They die. The change happens to rapidly for them. I've only seen it happen twice." Cleopatra said confirming the Doctor's worst nightmares.

"How long?" he asked touching his forehead and looking back at the ground.

"Hours at most. Which is why we need to work fast. "Cleopatra said.

"We?" the Doctor questioned.

"Like i stated before. I'm coming with you. This is affecting my people, your daughter, and i will not have another little girl die right before my eyes." Cleopatra looked pained. The Doctor sighed then smiled brightly.

"Alright let's go!" he said clamping his hands and strutting toward the Tardis.

"Where are you going?" Cleopatra demanded.

"My transportation. Come on queeny!" the Doctor said motioning for her to follow. He stopped in front of the Tardis. The queen looked up at it confused.

"This is your means of transportation? A blue box?" she asked greatly confused.

"It's a magical blue box." the Doctor said snapping his fingers. the doors creaked open slowly and Cleopatra's eye's widened.

"What in all of Egypt..." she said stepping in and turning around and around. The guards looked on scared and confused. Should they follow? The Doctor closed the door and ran to the controls flipping switches as he went around. "but how?" Cleopatra asked still in awe.

"Like i said, magic." the Doctor flipped the final switch and everything rumbled and started to move. Cleopatra laughed as she clutched the railing of the Tardis a wide smile on her face. The doctor smiled at her delight but his face quickly turned dark. He was thinking of Anne-Marie dying. No. She couldn't. He had seen her. she had been alive. Time can be re-written. A voice whispered in his head. No not this. There was a thump as they landed. Cleopatra threw open the doors in awe.