Piolts

A/N

If you haven't watched Pacific Rim and you want to i suggest you watch that before reading this. There will also be some mild swearing. You know how soldiers are. Thank you! :)

The Doctor flipped a switch on the console as he walked around in a circle looking at the controls of the Tardis. He was trying to decide where to go. What time. That's when the Tardis shook uncontrollably. Shuddering and groaning like it was supporting a massive weight. The Doctor yelped and clung to the sides of the control panel. Then the Tardis flung itself into the future landing itself right at Anne-Marie's doorstep three years into the future. The fourteen year old Anne-Marie was straightening out her room when she heard the familiar wheezing of the Tardis outside her house. Running towards the living room she raced towards the window and beamed as the great blue box began to materialize before her eyes. Anne-Marie opens the door and laughed as she ran towards the Tardis and into the Doctor pulling him into a crushing hug. "Oh whoa! Breathing! Need to do that." the Doctor coughed out. Anne-Marie laughed and pulled back scanning over her beloved Doctor happily.

"Hello Doctor." Anne-Marie said with a smile.

"Hello slightly taller Anne-Marie." The Doctor replied teasingly measuring her against his torso. The Doctor was only, slightly, a head taller than her.

"Been off to visit my younger self?" Anne-Marie asked biting her lip in a smile.

"Maybe." The Doctor replied vaguely. Anne-Marie rolled her eyes.

"Well what were we doing?" The Doctor tapped his chin.

"Remember your eighth birthday?" Anne-Marie's eyes widened.

"Aww. Oh my gosh really? Wow I haven't thought about that in years." Anne-Marie said in surprise before falling into a fit of laughter. "I almost got married!" Anne-Marie continues to laugh and the Doctor joins in. "So what are we going to do today? Anything special?" Anne-Marie inquires rocking back and forth on her heels. The Tardis begins to make a shrill, constant, beeping noise. "What's that?" Anne-Marie asks brushing past him and into the Tardis.

"I don't know." The Doctor replies honestly furrowing his brow. Anne-Marie pulls the screen around to look at. It's flashing a crystal clear message. Pilots needed. S.O.S. Anne-Marie points toward the screen at the set of coordinates.

"Sounds as good a place as any? Doesn't it?" The Doctor shrugs and pulls his hands from his pockets. He types in the coordinates quickly glancing up every now and then to make sure they're correct.

"Pilots for what though? Airplanes. Do you know how to fly one?" Anne-Marie questions scanning the Doctor who shrugs. "Let's go learn how to." Anne-Marie laughs as the Tardis throws itself into the time vortex. Suddenly there's a grinding sound like the Tardis is being pressed up against a wall. It knocks Anne-Marie to the ground and makes the Doctor stumble. "What is that!" Anne-Marie shouts. Stumbling around the Doctor reaches the control and stares at the screen in shock.

"The coordinates were for an alternate universe!" There's a crash from above.

"What!" Anne-Marie shouts back. Another crash and a late from the ceiling dangles from a hinge exposing wires that spark and flash. "Are we going to.." The rest of the question is lost to the Doctor as the crash and skid on top of the metal floor of an airbase. Or what should be an airbase, but now holds something much more deadlier.

"Are you alright?" The Doctor calls out popping up from behind the controls.

"Just fine Doctor." Anne-Marie replies with a grin. She's clutching the railing of the stairs and smiling ear to ear. "Let's go out! An alternate universe. How exciting!" She exclaims. Anne-Marie stands and exits the Tardis before the Doctor can protest. "Hey! You have no right to.." The Doctor rushes out the doors to find Anne-Marie struggling against the grip of a very tall, stern man. They're surrounded by a ring of soldiers, their guns trained on the Doctor and Anne-Marie. "Let go of me! Is this how you treat all girls? That's not very nice of you." The general, the Doctor determined he was a general, paid her no attention.