On Set

"Where are we going? And what are we looking for?" Cleopatra called out as she raced after the Doctor. He was twisting through the halls squeezing past pillars and slipping through doorways. His movements weren't being tracked and seemed random. Cleopatra hoped he wasn't leading them to their death.

"Following the trial!" The Doctor shouted his voice echoing off the walls. Cleopatra looked down. They were following a thin green slime trial.

"Oh I see." Cleopatra murmured. Then she ran head first into something solid. Her crown almost fell off her head and she touched her forehead to stop the pounding. "Doctor?" Cleopatra said confused and shocked.

"Sshhh.." The Doctor said putting a finger to his lips and not turning around to look at her.

"Habit is it?" Cleopatra whispered.

"Shhhhhh!" The Doctor said more forcefully. Cleopatra went up on her toes and tried to peer over the Doctor's shoulders. The trial. It ended right at the entrance for the resting place of the previous pharaoh.

"We can not go in there." Cleopatra hissed. The Doctor turned to face her a cold look in his eyes.

"I know that but Anne-Marie is dying. I can't let that happen." He turned to stare at the open doorway. It was so dark the light of his torch barely penetrated into the room. Cleopatra could just make out the tomb. The Doctor took a a deep calming breath and was about to step through the threshold when Cleopatra caught his arm.

"You will not make it out of there alive. It is cursed." She warned. The Doctor merely shrugged.

"I've been into many tombs in my lifetime, and not once have I been cursed. I can handle one more." He replied. Cleopatra let of of his arm and watched him in awe as he fearlessly stepped through into the Pharaohs final resting place. How many tombs had he been in? And why was he so sure? The Doctor stepped through shinning is light around the room. Of course. He thought to himself. If I was an alien from another planet and I had crash landed near a pyramid I would of course head to the very dark and cold room of a dead Pharaoh. It was the only logical thing to do.

The Doctor's flashlight beam scanned the room slowly. He didn't want to miss anything. He couldn't miss anything. Anne-Marie's life was at stake. His eyes peered through the dark trying to see more. The room smelled of must and well. Death. But the Doctor was very familiar with this kind of smell. There was something else in the air. The Doctor licked his finger and held it up like he was trying to see which way the wind was blowing. "Something is definitely in here." he said to himself. He looked back at Cleopatra who was illuminated by the light of her torch. She was clutching it tightly to her chest as if she was afraid it might disappear. She looked scared. About as scared a Pharaoh could look. The Doctor turned back around. The light hit the golden casket. There was a low hissing sound and something slithered to the other end of the casket where the Doctor couldn't see. The whole front of it was covered in the same green goo.

"Hello.. What have we here?" the Doctor murmured shinning his flashlight at the other end of the golden casket. More hissing. "I suppose you don't like the light." the Doctor said bringing the light of torch away from it. "And there's lost of light out there. That's why you came in here." the Doctor mused. More hissing. "Well i'm going to have to have a look at you. Really quickly. So just..." the Doctor said rambling a bit keeping his light pointed toward the ceiling as he inched around the sarcophagus. "Stay still." the beam hit the creature which immediately let loose a high pitched scream. Cleopatra covered her ears and the creature slid farther into the dark. But the Doctor had a good look. "Quickly!" the Doctor shouted grabbing Cleopatra's hand and racing back out of the pyramid.

"Where are we going Doctor! What was that!" Cleopatra asked confused as they ran along.

"Something bad. Something that releases poisonous spores. Something that hate's light. Come on!" the Doctor said running faster letting go of her hand. Cleopatra shook her head as she ran thinking, What have i gotten myself in to?