The Amazons

"I didn't say that." Anne-Marie said loudly over the rushing water of the river.

"Of course not!" The voice continued. The Doctor and Anne-Marie slowly turned to face a woman with long curly unruly hair that bounced as she walked. "I did." she said with a big smile on her face.

"River." the Doctor said in amazement. It had been years since he had seen her. A decade almost.

"Of course Sweetie. Who else?" River asked with a small laugh taking off her sunglasses. "Where are we?" she said pulling out her small blue book.

"What's the last thing we've done?" the Doctor asked shaking his head and running a hand through his hair. This was bad. Really bad. River his wife in the past or her future and Anne-Marie his something in the future with a past he doesn't know.

"Well there was the wedding.." River says flipping through the pages of her Diary "Then the Fields of..." The Doctor cuts her off.

"Yes, yes. Everything I've done everything." River looks him over and lowers her book.

"You're old." She remarks with a sly smile.

"I've always been old." The Doctor replies running a hand through his hair.

"No but you're really old right now and I just saw you last week." River says walking over to the Doctor and peering into his eyes. The Doctor looked away. "Where are you right now and where's... Amy or Rory?" River asks glancing around.

"They're taking a break, but it's great to see you again River." Anne-Marie replied. River looks at Anne-Marie as if seeing her for the first time.

"Again?" River echoes confused.

"Oops. Sorry. Not yet for you I guess." Anne-Marie says clamping a hand over her mouth then speaking in barely a whisper. River laughs.

"Spoilers." She says happily. The Doctor laughs nervously.

"So River. Why are you here?" The Doctor asks as River begins to take in the calculations of the length of the river and by what means they have to cross it. River laughs and glances at him before looking back down at the device in her hands.

"Why are you here? Land of the women Doctor." River replies smoothly. The Doctor nods and gives a small shrug.

"I asked him to take me here." Anne-Marie replied. River laughed.

"Well he was always a sucker for the pretty ones." River says smiling widely at Anne-Marie. The Doctor runs his hands nervously through his hair as the two of them laugh. "So this river we're just going to cross it.. without the Tardis." Anne-Marie asked.

"No. We're using the Tardis to get on the other side if that's where you want to go." the Doctor said tapping the sides of the Tardis with his knuckles.

"But where's the fun in that?" River and Anne-Marie asked at exactly the same time which caused them to laugh again. Oh great. The Doctor though as he sighed with a roll of his eyes. They're even saying things in unison now!

"Are we going to do it like in the movies where they swing on vines or are we going to fell a tree and walk on that?" Anne-Marie asked.

"I think you watch too many movies." the Doctor said pointing at her. Anne-Marie rolled her eyes.

"Who has time for movies when you can do the real thing." River said with a smile as she tugged on a secure looking vine hung onto a tree.

"Now see here River!" the Doctor said hesitantly not wanting her to swing across but not really wanting to touch her in case she might not be real.