Chapter 1: Happy Birthday To Me

I pull up to the mall and park. Emily promised to take me to a movie and go shopping for my 17th birthday. I remove the strands of black hair from mt face. Emily told me to meet her at the Bigfoot Java by the entrance at 11:00. I check my phone, 10:50, and push the door open. The movie starts at 11:30, so we have 30 minutes to chill.

I walk to the entrance of the mall and go to the cashier before buying a strawberry-banana smoothie with whip cream, and sitting down. I pull out my phone and text my mom the estimated time of when I'll get home. When it pings, signaling a response, I pull it out and read it.

K honey, I have a meeting in the next town over, I'm sorry we can't celebrate tonight. Logan will be staying with Jack, so you have the house to yourself, feel free to do whatever, just don't do anything reckless! I will be back on Tuesday. Logan will be staying with Jack till then. Love you! Have fun!😘

I turn off my phone. My Mom is the representative of our pack, and goes to meetings with Alpha Mason. Alpha Mason has two kids my age. Cole and Jenny. Cole will take over the pack when he finds his mate, which will be soon, seeing as how he is 17. Then she will be the Luna of the pack, and every girl is hoping that it's her.

I, on the other hand, have other things to worry about besides some boy. My Dad died when I was 8. My little brother Logan, who is now 13, was 4. Mom was so sad, but that's understandable. I mean, he was her mate, and were destined for each other. I hope I find love like that someday. When Dad died, Mom had to get a job to support us, and I had to watch Logan.

Mom's job was actually a really good choice, now she is vice president to a mega corporation. I look up and see Emily jogging towards me. I stand up and hug her when she reaches me.

"Happy birthday Moo!" exclaims Emily. I laugh at the stupid nickname she gave me in first grade. Emmy and I have been best friends since kindergarten, and she has been with me through thick and thin, and vice versa. We are like sisters, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

"Thanks Em. Anyways, ready to see Allegiant?" I ask her. I have been dying to see this movie. She nods her head excitedly with a big smile. I laugh and throw out the drink before walking to the theater, with our arms linked.

"Wanna come over tonight? Mom is out of town and Logan is with his friend." I ask her. She looks at me and smiles. Oh no.

"How about, maybe, throwing a party for your birthday?" she asks excitedly. I bite my lip and look at her with my eyebrows furrowed.

"Sure that's a good idea? I mean, we could in trouble." I say nervously. She chuckles and waves me off.

"Come on! Have fun for once in your life! I doubt we would get in trouble." she pleads. I roll my eyes and smirk.

"Fine, but nothing crazy!" I say to her and laugh. She smiles widely and nods.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" she says as we enter the theater.

"That movie was bomb!" Emily shouts. I laugh as we enter the store and browse through the racks, talking about random stuff.

"So, do you think Cole will find his mate soon?" she asks me. I shrug.

"Heck if I care." I say to her and shrug while picking up some clothes and examining them.

"You should, his mate will be our luna." she says. I sigh and pick some more clothes.

"We inviting him?" I ask her. She nods, not paying a lot of attention.

"I would assume so. This party is gonna be so awesome." she says, smiling and looking at me.

I roll my eyes and smile slightly and continue shopping.

I pull out my outfit that I had laid out for the party earlier. I slip on the high waisted, pink, white, and gold skirt, and the black, off the shoulder, crop top. I put on the nude, ankle heels and walk to my vanity (outfit above).

I apply some winged eyeliner, some eyeshadow, blush, and some concealer with dark red lipstick and pull out my black, lip liner and apply it swiftly. I grab my flat iron, that was warming up, and flat iron my black hair. I finish everything and look in the full body mirror.

My skirt shows off my curves and makes my tan legs look long. My crop top shows my silver belly button ring that I got a few months ago. I look at my face that looks amazing tonight, tonight I just look completely, amazing. Like, just wow.

My big nose, which normally draws attention in a bad way, isn't the main attraction of my face for once. And it feels great to know that. My normally thin lips, look fuller. And my eyes. My hazel eyes are bright. They have a sparkle in them.

I sigh happily and smile. I hear the door open and turn around and smile at Emily. She looks amazing. Her light brown hair is flipped over her hairline making her look incredibly hot. I study her naturally beautiful features where her light makeup is applied. She has only eyeshadow, minimal eyeliner, light blush, and some light pink lipstick.

Her dress fits her amazingly. It has a black sweetheart neckline top, with thin straps. On her waistline, is a thin black belt. Her skirt is a light pink skater type, and she has on her favorite black ankle boots (outfit above).

I smile at her. "You look amazing Em!" I say happily and hug her.

"Ahem, hello. Have you seen your sexy mama self?" she asks me. I laugh and shake my head as I pull away and exit my bedroom and walk downstairs.

We set up for the party after we got back from shopping, Logan had already left. We start up the music and people start arriving one after the other until my house is filled to the brim with teenagers. This is gonna be crazy.

I grab Emily's arm and push through the thick crowd to my kitchen. To many people, and not enough breathing space.

"You okay Morgan?" she asks me over the music. I nod and enter my kitchen where people are scattered around. A couple is making out on my counter, so I slap the counter and hit the shoulder of the guy.

"Off my counter!" I say to them, and they get off quickly and go to who knows where. I locked all bedroom doors luckily. I turn to Em.

"This is complete craziness." I say. She sighs and sits on the counter.

"I know, sorry Morgan. I didn't think so many people would come." she apologizes. I nod my head and turn to one of the many kegs on my counter, and pour myself a drink. I take a big gulp, and regret it. The foul liquid goes down my throat and I shudder before throwing it out. Definitely not my thing.

An amazing smell invades my senses, and my insides turn to mush. Oh. My. Gosh. What is that? It smells sort of like a desert lily mixed with vanilla orchid, and coconut milk with a hint of jasmine. In short, it smells amazing.
I am drawn to find the source of the scent, and I turn to Em. "I'll be right back. Don't wander." I say to her. She nods, slightly confused as I exit the kitchen to find the intoxicating aroma.

I walk through the heaps of people throughout my house. I end up by my living room, which we transformed into a dancefloor. My eyes zero in on none other then Cole Greystone. And he is staring back at me. The future Alpha. Staring at me, and the realization dawns. Oh my gosh.

Cole Greystone, the future alpha, is my mate.

Hi! Welcome to the story😀🙈! My senses are overwhelmed because of how many scentsy's I had to smell to find the perfect scent for Cole. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed. Please comment and vote. Would mean a lot!
Kisses,😘