Chapter 22: Be Brave And Accept Mistakes, I Did

People sometimes won't like you. That's okay. Because it's who you are, and no one can ever tell you differently.

Yes, I'm a pregnant 17 teen year old, but that doesn't define me. It was a mistake, and no one can fix it. All you can do is accept it and move on. That's what I did. Yes, I am 17. Yes, I will be a mother and have to give up the rest of my life. But I'm fine with that. If you don't like that. Tough.

I put myself in an adult situation, so I needed to handle it like an adult. Not everyone will, but the certain special people who are important, will accept it. And they will move on with me.

Right now, I need to get passed all my haters and demons. I need to step away from the noise of all of those people, and I need to be the best mother I can be for this child.

Yes, my mother was disappointed. Very disappointed. But my family is very, honest. If we're going through something, we don't try to pretend we're perfect because we're not. Not at all. To the rest of the world, that can look like we're falling apart, and we won't care. To us, it's just going through life.

What you in school, is to solve equations, pronounce words, spell, read, know who sailed the ocean in 1492, and know the formula to water. What you learn yourself, is dependent on you alone. I have learned, is no one defines you. As long as you're honest and hold yourself accountable, no one can define you. You can only define yourself. I choose to embrace the good, so I define myself as a brave person. If that makes me a bad person for defining myself so boldly, so be it.

Being brave takes more then being fearless, in fact, it's natural to have fears, so therefore, you can never be fearless exactly, you can accept them and move on. I fear being a horrible Mom. I fear being remembered as one, or not being remembered at all. But I don't want to be remembered as someone's sister, or a teen Mom. I'm not just a teen mom, or just a sister. I'm someone more, and I won't be remembered as that. So I accept it. I will never get rid of that fear, I will always be afraid of not being remembered, but I know that I will. And reminding myself every day that my fear is petty, and that's what being brave is.

So everyday, I get up with a good attitude, wipe aside my fears, remember everything good in my life, and put on my brave face, and smile at the people who matter. I laugh with the people who matter. Cry with the people who matter. Bond with the people who matter. But above all, I care for the people who matter. And they care about me.

And when I wake up in the morning and put on my makeup after saying a little prayer, (I had to. Know the song?) I remember the five w's for life.
Who you are is what makes you special. Do not change for anyone.

What lies ahead will always be a mystery. Do not be afraid to explore.

When life pushes you over, you push back harder.

Where there are choices to make, make the one you won't regret.

And, why things happen will never be certain. Take it in stride and move forward.

And these get me through the day. I hold onto these everyday as reminder that my child will say these things, and as reminder that I can do this, and I will. Fears aside.

And everyone prays that their children will grow up right, not to drugs, drink alcohol, and please forbid teen pregnancy, yes, these are good hopes, but few kids follow them. I'm sure my mom hoped for these, and I will hope for them for my child, but in all reality, you can't control them, you can't control their choices. And yes, I made a mistake, a big one at that, but everyone makes mistakes, it's what you do with your mistake will determine your destiny. So I hope my destiny is bright.

Yes, my child will make mistakes, I made one. But even if I'm so mad at them, I will still say to them how much I love them, how proud I am of them, how sorry I am (when I need to be of course), that I forgive them for their mistakes, that I listen, how some things, actually most things, are their responsibility, and that they have what it takes to fight their small and big battles.

Everyone makes mistakes, but life didn't come with instructions.

Boring chapter. But we got a peek into Morgan's mind, because I realized you guys might think I'm crazy, because she is happy about her baby when she is a teen mom, or you guys might think she intended to get pregnant like that girl on the lifetime movie (just kidding😁). Fun fact: This chapter is entirely inspired by quotes. Vote and comment, means a lot!