Chapter 9: Anticipation And Ice Cream Fries

I scroll through my phone when I wake up. A morning without throwing up! Yes! I like some photos on Instagram before getting out of bed and walk to my closet. I took a shower last night, so I don't need another. I grab a white crop top and, dark blue high waisted jeans, and put on my converse (outfit above). I apply some makeup which is just grey eyeshadow, blush, eyeliner, and pink lipstick. I brush my hair and leave it down, it's very rare when I put my hair up.

I walk across the hall and go to my music and turn One Direction before opening Logan's door and belting it out.

"What makes you beautiful!" I sing along with the song, very loudly may I add. Logan groans and puts the pillow over his head.

"Turn it off!" he says. I laugh and continue to dance around in his room listening to One Direction. He finally gets up and snatches my phone and turns it off before handing it back to me and starts getting dressed. I laugh as I leave the room and go downstairs to find Mom smiling at me. Clearly amused.

"That was funny." My Mom says and high fives me. I laugh as I put some cereal in a bowl and start eating.

"What time you getting home tonight?" I ask her. She shrugs and pulls out her phone.

"Late. Sorry hon, I have lots of paperwork. I gotta go, love you. Bye Logan! Love you!" she says, and shouts at the end.

Logan comes down the steps, surprisingly, not on his phone.

"Hey." he greets. I look at him suspiciously.

"Who are you? And what have you done with Logan and his phone?" I ask him. He laughs.

"So what? I don't have my phone. Not a big deal." he says and gets his food.

"Yes it is. You are attached to that thing." I say to him. He rolls his eyes and pours the milk in his cheerios.

"Whatever." he says and sits down as we talk about random things. I like the relationship I have with my brother. We aren't constantly trying to kill each other like other siblings.

I check the time. 7:15. "Come on, I'll drive you to school." I say to him. He nods and picks up his backpack as I pick up mine, and walk to my car. Normally Emily drives me, but she doesn't have time to on Mondays.

We get in and I turn on the radio as I pull out and drive to Logan's middle school. I stop at the drop off and turn to him. "I'll pick you up because Mom's working. What time do you want me here?" I ask. He looks at me.

"Um, 3:00. You're out by then right?" he asks me. I nod.

"Yeah, you want to do something after school? We could get pizza or something?" I suggest. He shrugs.

"Sure. Can we stop by the video game store and get that new game?" he asks excitedly. I laugh.

"Sure. We can get pizza and buy that game and play it tonight. Mom is gonna be home late." I say he nods.

"Bye Sis." he says before getting out.

"Bye Logan!" I yell as he enters the school. He laughs and waves goodbye.

I chuckle and drive down the road to my school and get out. I lock my car and walk into the crowded hallways to my locker before pulling my A.P. Chemistry, Math, and A.P. Language and Reading. I am really good at Science and ELA. Not good at math though. Never have been, never will.

I shut my locker and turn around to see Emily in front of me, looking scared. I furrow my eyebrows.

"What's wrong Em?" I ask her. She starts shaking. I rub her shoulder soothingly.

"Emily?" I ask again.

"Morgan. Cole is on a rampage, and looking for you." she says. I nod slowly. Why is he looking for me? We were fine last night.

"Thanks Em, we should get to class and see how the day plays out." I say calmly. She nods and I throw my arm over her shoulder and give her a side hug. But why is Cole looking for me? Did I do something? Did he find out? Oh please don't let him find out! But how would he? No one knows because no one has been in my room but me. And when he was, I was watching him the whole time. Unless he snuck in. Which, I don't think he did. He is loud when he gets in through that window. I would of woken up.

I sit down next to Emily and open my A.P. Chemistry. Emily is really good at this too. I flip to our page and listen to the listen and take notes. I know for a fact that Mrs. Clarke will put these on the test. I try and pay attention, but all that's running through my mind is Cole. Soon enough, the bell rings and I stand up. Here I come math.

Lunch

My day has been seemingly normal. I get my normal, but add some soft-served ice cream and ice cubes to the tray. I make my way to the table and sit down before grabbing a fry and dipping it in my vanilla ice cream.

"Wow. Ice cream and ice? Do you like ice Morgan?" she asks with raised eyebrows. I shrug and plop the fry in my mouth. This tastes amazing! Why haven't I tried this before?

"Can you blame me? It's cold and melts on your tongue." I say to her and eat my amazing lunch.

"Wanna get sushi later?" she asks me. I shake my head.

"Can't, promised Logan to take him out for bonding." I say and put an ice cube in my mouth.

"Sounds fun, what are you guys doing?" she asks me. I shrug.

"Boy stuff. Buying video games and then playing them. Nothing interesting." I say she nods and we continue eating until a hand slams down on the table. I look up and see an angry Cole. I shrink back slightly.

"Yes Cole?" I ask him. He grabs my arm and pulls me up.

"I need to speak to you alone." he says and drags me away from Emily and my precious ice cream and fries.

Another chapter! I watched Big Hero 6 and cried. So sad! Nothing much to say really. What do you think Cole wanted? Do you think he found out? Vote and comment, means a lot!
Kisses,😘