Chapter 16: The Ultrasound

I check my watch. 3:15. We gotta get going if I want to make it to the ultrasound on time.

"I hate ti break up this party, but I have to get to my ultrasound." I say to the chatting Ashley and Cole. I swear, if Cole wasn't my mate, I would think they're made for each other. They laugh and nod.

"Can I come?" Ashley asks hopefully as I get my shoes on.

"Um yeah, but we have to go. Get your shoes on." I say. They nod and pick up their shoes and talk about random stuff. These two.

"Ready?" I ask them. They nod and we walk to Cole's car.

"Nice car. Maserati?" she asks. He nods as we get in. Cole and I in the front, and Ash behind me.

"How far along are you?" she asks me. I smile and absent mindedly rub my bump.

"Two months." I say. She nods.

"Hoping for a boy or girl?" she asks me curiously.

"I don't know, I just want them to be healthy." I say and look at Cole.

"What do you want?" I ask him. He shrugs.

"Whatever works for me." he says simply. I sigh and lean against the seat. Cole is nice and all, but he doesn't seem to care.

"Why do you do that?" I ask, tired of arguing with him everytime we see each other.

"What?" he asks and steals a glance at me with a raised eyebrow.

"You act like you don't care!" I snap at him.

"Can we please not get into this, this has been a nice day." he pleads. I sigh and shake my head.

"Fine. Whatever!" I say quietly. He always seems to ruin my good moods. He pulls into the parking lot, and I get out angrily. Ash comes up behind me.

"You okay?" she asks me. I shake my head and grit my teeth.

"He is so childish about this situation! He doesn't care at all, and just wipes it off like dirt on his shoulder when he is responsible for this too!" I say angrily. She rubs my shoulder.

"Hey, I know this is difficult and all, but it's difficult for him too." I look at her and laugh weakly.

"That makes no sense, but, I know what you mean." I say gently. She laughs and nods as we enter. The my find seats as I sign in and join them shortly. I sit down next to Ashley and we talk about what's going on in our lives when they call my name. I stand up, followed by Ashley and Cole to Doctor Fields.

"We meet again, where's your Mom?" Dr. Fields asks nicely. I give her a small smile.

"She's off at work right now, but this is my cousin Ashley, and Cole." I say and gesture to them. She smiles and shakes their hands.

"I'm Doctor Fields. Are you the father?" she says, the last part directed towards Cole. He nods.

"Cole Greystone." he introduces himself. She nods and turns towards me.

"Ready to head in?" she asks. I nod and follow her inside before laying down on the bed as Ashley sits in a chair placed in the corner, and Cole sits next to me.

"Okay, so last time you were about 1 month a and 2 weeks in, yes?" she asks. I nod and lift my sweater and tank top up, revealing my small bump. Cole stares at it.

"I know I'm fat and all, but you don't have to stare." I say to him, and get comfortable in the chair. He shakes his head and gives me a kind smile.

"You're not fat, you're pregnant, and your rocking it!" he says kindly while grabbing my hand. I smile slightly as he rubs his thumb over my hand.

"Okay, so now you're 2 months and 3 weeks." she says with a smile. I nod as she squirts the gel and moves the wand over my stomach. The baby's heartbeat fills the room, and I see tears pool in his eyes.

"Cole, you okay?" I ask him. He nods while staring at the screen, showing our baby.

"It's just, crazy. That's our kid." he says softly. I nod and smile at the screen. I watch my tiny baby move around. I can't believe it either. That I'm gonna have baby. Yeah, I'm 17, and I'll never get to do what I dreamed of doing, but, I'm gonna have a baby. Someone like me, who is mine. Someone that I will watch over for the next 18 years, who I get to see learn and love. It will be a struggle, but it will be completely worth it.

"Yeah." I respond softly, and wipe away stray tears with my free hand. The doctor turns off the sonogram and wipes off the gel. I regain my composure and sit up, rolling my shirt down to cover my stomach.

"Okay, the baby looks completely healthy, and is on track. But I'm gonna say that they will be about 2 weeks earlier then estimated. But besides that, everything is fine. You can go make your next appointment at the front desk. See ya soon Morgan." she says. I wave as she exits.

Cole helps me down from the chair, even though I didn't need him to, he still does. I turn to a smiling Ashley.

"I can't wait till the little guy is born." she says and throws her arm over my shoulder. I nod.

"I know right. I just want to meet them." I say and rub my stomach. Cole rubs his thumb over my hand that he's holding. I pull away from Em, but Cole still holds my hand. I look at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Do you want to make sure our baby is fine again?" I ask him. He nods.

"Then let me sign." I say. He playfully sighs and lets go. I smirk and sign up for another appointment before grabbing Cole's hand and talking with the two as we get in the car and head home.

Daily chapter is up! So what do you think of the 'New Cole'? Do you think he's faking? Comment and vote, means a lot!
Kisses,😘