Chapter 36: My Daughter

Many, Many Hours Later....

"Come on Morgan! Just one more big push! Come on!" the doctor shouts. I shake head while the tears fall, I shut my eyes tightly.

"Come on Morgan! I wanna meet my niece!" Ashley shouts. I look at her, my eyes now open. I shake my head.

"Please don't make me." I plead. She shakes her head stubbornly.

"Don't you wanna meet the little one?" she asks me. I nod reluctantly and grab Ashley's hand as my Mom strokes my head. I didn't want Cole in here, in fears that I might kill him. Can't have that on my permanent record. I push hard as excruciating pain runs through my body as I scream bloody murder.

"Ahhhh! Cole you suck, you suck, you suck!" I yell, knowing he can hear me with his heightened hearing. I scream in agony again before I hear a tiny cry.

I stop pushing and look down at the nurse who now holds a bloody mess of a baby. I look at my daughter in amazement as the nurse brings her over.

"Oh my gosh." I say under my breath as she hands me the tiny child.

I look down at her perfect features in amazement as tears of joy prick my eyes.

"Hi little one. I'm your Mama." I say softly. She nuzzles into me. It feels weird. But it is amazing. This is my daughter. My child. I stroke her tiny face in amazement as a nurse comes over with a soft smile.

"I need to clean her up." she says kindly. I nod and hand her the little baby.

"She is perfect." I say to no one in particular.

"Yeah." Mom and Ashley say in sync. I laugh softly when they bring my daughter back over. They hand her to to me and I hold her in my arms as her eyes open. Her chocolate brown eyes meet my green ones. She has Cole's eyes. She gurgles slightly.

"What's her name?" Ashley asks.

"Leah. Leah Sage Mayor." I say.

"Awww! It fits her so well already." Ashley says happily and touches Leah's cheek. I laugh and nod.

"Yeah." I agree with her as I study Leah's amazing features.

Her chubby cheeks are so cute! Oh my gosh! Her skin tone matches Cole's tan one perfectly. And her cute little nose, mouth, and eye shape match mine. But she clearly has Cole's face shape. I coo at her and tickle her tiny belly. She giggles and looks up at me, examining my face.

"Do you want me to get Cole? Or do you want to be alone?" Mom asks. I still continue to look at Leah's face though.

"Um, do you mind if I get some alone time with her?" I ask. They shake their heads and exit the room, my Mom stroking my shoulder before leaving.

I stare at my daughter in amazement. My daughter. This little girl I am holding is all mine. It's amazing.

"Hey little one. You wanna know your name? It's Leah Sage Mayor. Leah after your great-grandma, my grandma." I say with a soft smile. She stares at me and gurgles in response. I laugh quietly before stroking the side of her face gently with my thumb. She is so tiny.

"Everyone is so excited to meet you. You already have so many people who love you princess. You are so loved, remember that. I love you, your Auntie Ashley, Auntie Emily, Uncle Logan, Grandma, and your Grandpa would love you so much. And I think your Daddy loves you. He has to, what's not to love? And your Auntie Jenny will love you, and your Auntie Melanie, and Uncle Jack. We all love you so much." I say to her and kiss her head.

"I love you so much Leah, you don't even know." I say to her as her beautiful eyes droop, taking her into the land of dreams.

I adjust her so that my hand rests under tiny head. Her soft breaths come at an even pace, meaning she's sleeping. I stroke her head gently as the door opens, revealing a doctor.