Chapter 50: Goodbye Family, Hello Summer

I sigh as I let Leah play with my pointer finger as we lay on my bed. I glance around my room, littered with clothes and 2 suitcases, plus a duffel for Leah's stuff, and a backpack for other items.

Leah begins to whine, regaining my attention. I smile gently at her and nuzzle her nose with mine.

"I don't know what to do Leah? What should I do?" I ask, knowing she won't give me and answer. She looks at me with curiosity shining in her brown eyes. I sigh shake my head.

"You don't need to worry about that Lee Lee." I say to her and scoop her into my arms as I get off of my bed.

"Wanna go get some food for Mommy?" I ask her in a baby voice as I smile widely at her and bound out of my room and downstairs.

I quickly grab a small bag of chips from the cupboard and turn my head when I hear the door open and close. My Mom enters with Logan and she smiles at me before crossing the room and kissing Leah's head, and my cheek.

"How am I gonna survive without you guys for 2 months?" She asks me sadly. I laugh and give her a side hug.

"Don't worry Mom, in 2 months I will be back home, seeing you everyday, plus, we'll Skype all the time." I reassure her before pulling away. She smiles at me and grabs Leah.

As Mom occupies Leah, I walk over to Logan, who is sitting on the couch and plop down next to him.

"So how is it going with that Heather girl? Or whatever her name is." I ask him. He shrugs and looks through channels on TV.

"Good. She is kinda talking to me I guess. I dunno. Girls are so confusing." He responds. I dramatically gasp and elbow him in the ribs.

"I take offence to that mister!" I joke. He laughs and rubs his side where I elbowed him.

"I am so ready to have the house to myself, and not an annoying sister, and a screaming baby." I roll my eyes at him.

"Oh, you'll miss me little boy. You're life will be so boring without me." He laughs at me.

"You wish Morgan. Now, I can sleep in late, and play video games on the TV all the time, and will not have you hogging the snacks." He says. I chuckle and pull him into a bone crushing hug.

"Oh you'll miss me. Say it, or I will squeeze tighter." I threaten. He struggles in my grasp, but I don't budge.

"Okay okay. I'll miss you! Just let me go you crazy cyco maniac!" He shouts. I laugh and pull away, but not before messing up his hair of course.

I stand up and give him a gentle hug this time and say to him, "I will miss you Logan." I pull away and skip over to mom. She shakes her head and dismisses me with the wave of her hand.

"Go finish packing. I want to spend time with my granddaughter, I got this." Mom says with a reassuring smile. I nod.

"Thank you." I say to her and run upstairs to finish my packing.

I push open the door and jump while clutching my chest. "Oh my gosh Cole! Use the door for once in your life!" I say to him and read his angry expression. He is fuming, beyond mad.

"What is all this?" He asks through gritted teeth, and gestures to my bags. I stand awkwardly and bite my lip.

"Nothing." I respond, dragging out the word. He glares at the bags.

"Where are you going Morgan?" He asks again, I can tell he is having difficulty not shifting here and now, due to the rapid changes in his eye color.

"I am going away. For 2 months. Just for the summer. I will be back by September, when school starts." I respond and grab some clothes from my bed and throw them in my bag. I hear him growl, and I flinch.