Chapter 4: Meet Angry Emily

Beep, Beep, Beep

I groan and shut off the stupid alarm clock. I stand up groggily and stumble to my bathroom. I turn on my shower and strip of my pajamas before getting in the warm shower and wash my messy hair with my lotus flower shampoo and conditioner and rinsing off with my yuzu body wash.

I get out of the shower and dry off and brush my teeth and face before turning on my music. I hum along to the songs while walking to my closet and pulling out some black jeans and a pink marvel hoodie before throwing on the outfit and pulling on my white converse and brushing through my tangled hair and leaving it to flow naturally (outfit above).

I jog down the steps and into my kitchen. I open up the fridge and pull out my bagles and my cream cheese before toasting it. I pull out my milk and pour it in a cup and check my phone. 2 messages.

6:22
Morning Moos. U up yet? Im very bored. U sure u wanna go 2 school?
Emmy💁

6:30
Morning Hon. How was your weekend? Did u sleep well? Can't wait to see you tomorrow. Love you!
Mama👑💖

I check the time. 6:37. Surprised Em hasn't busted my door down for not texting her back. I laugh at my thought. I amuse myself.

I hear the toaster pop and I jump slightly before pulling it out and applying the cream cheese before eating my breakfast.

Setting the dishes in the sink, I pull out my water bottle and fill it up with cold water and ice and put it in my backpack and then putting everything I need for the day in the bag when I hear the door open.

"Moos! You awake?" I hear Emily shout. I exit the kitchen and wave. She smiles at me and enters the kitchen and starts looking for food. This girl can eat.

"Morning to you too." I say to her and sit on one of the chairs by the island and pulling out my phone while she prepares her breakfast.

"Morning. How was your weekend? Feeling better?" she asks me. I shrug while opening up my reading app.

"I spent the weekend on Netflix and snuggling with junk food. So I'm doing just fine." I say to her with a small smile.

"Want some retail therapy after school?" she asks me as she puts her waffle in her mouth.

"Sure. I need some new clothes anyways. Even after our shopping spree the other day, I never seem to have any clothes." I say and get up and grab my backpack as I follow Em to her car. She drives us to the Big Foot Java by the grocery store and chinese restaurant which is close to school.

We pull up to Bigfoot Java and order the normal when Emily turns to me.

"Okay girl, you sure about going? I mean, we can skip." she offers. I shake my head.

"I have to face him someday. Might as well be today." I say to her. She nods and receives our drinks and puts them in the cup holder before turning up the radio and driving to school.

Em pulls into a free spot and gets out with her drink in hand. I grab mine and my bag before standing. I have to do this. Show him he had no effect on you. It doesn't matter that he rejected you. Act like it doesn't bother you. I must be brave. So I plaster a fake smile on my face and I stand confidently. I am confident.

I walk into school with Em just chattering away. She knows that I'm just acting brave. Inside I'm breaking. She understands. She knows me so well, that she knows what I'm thinking half the time. I smell his amazing scent. He's close. I can tell.

I glance around. I can't help it. I was destined for him. I turn to Emily and talk with her some more before bumping into someone and feeling the sparks. Great. Cole freaking Greystone. I fall on my butt and look up to see Cole.

"Out of my way loser." he says and steps on my hand with much force. He meant to do that.

I pick my hand up and clutch onto it and grit my teeth. I won't cry. So I swallow my tears and stand up and Em rushes to my side.

"You okay Morgan? I'm gonna so kill that jerk!" she says before stomping off.

I rush to follow her and find her face to face with Cole. This isn't good.

"You're a no good son of a b***h!" she shouts and shoves him. Oh no.

"And why is that?" he asks smoothly.

"Don't act like you don't know you mouther trucker!" she shouts again. He chuckles.

"I don't know. Why don't you tell me?" he teases. Emily is fuming by now.

"You no good ba****d! You f*****g rejected my best friend as your mate because she's not good enough for you huh? Well she's the best you'll ever find. She is so amazing, sweet, caring, compassionate, generous, and is so just amazingly awesome! And she is the best person I know! And you're a big fool to think she's not good enough! And that hurt her so much to think she wasn't good enough for the person destined to be with her! And I will f*****g kill you because of how much pain you caused her!" she shouts angrily. He's just staring at her with narrowed eyes.

Em throws a punch at his perfect jaw line and gets a good hit. It throws his head to the side. Em! You shouldn't have done that! I rush in and grab a red Emily. She is very angry. I pull her away from the scene quickly and pull her into the bathroom.

"Em! You shouldn't have done that. You're gonna be in so much trouble!" I say to her and push her towards the counter. She jumps on and looks at me sadly.

"I'm sorry Morgan. He is so stupid to reject you. Are you mad at me?" she asks me softly as I wet a paper towel to wash her scabbed knuckles. I turn my head to her and give her a small smile.

"No, I could never be mad at you after that. That was so awesome. Thank you. You even punched him! That was awesome! You punched Cole freaking Greystone! That was just, wow." I say to her and hug her tightly.

She laughs and hugs back before I pull away. "Let's get you cleaned up. School starts in a half hour. And I'm sure the principal will want to see you." I say with a laugh. She chuckles and nods with a smile.

"Emily Lowe, Cole Greystone, and Morgan Mayor please report to the front office." the lady over the intercom says. We currently sit in Home Room which I have with Emily, and gladly not Cole.

I sigh and stand up with Emily and grab my things as I wave goodbye to Mrs. Clark and exit the class with Em by my side. I knew Em would get called, but why are they calling me?

"Why do you think they're calling me?" I ask Emily. She turns to me and shrugs.

"You stopped the fight from going further, and everyone knows I was talking about you when I was shouting at Cole." she answers. I nod and push the office doors open and see Cole, who has a big bruise on his jaw, sitting in an office chair. I laugh quietly at the mark. Good job Em!

I put my hand out by my side and Em high fives it. She saw it as well. I look at her and see her giggling. Cole looks up and narrows his eyes at us before getting up and stomping over to us, with a finger pointed accusingly at me.

"This is all your fault!" he shouts. I cower slightly before standing up tall again.

"No, it's your own. You should really learn how to accept the fault." I say calmly. He is shaking with anger. Wow. He has anger issues.

"Don't you dare talk to me like that!" he shouts angrily. I laugh.

"I can talk to you any way I want. Your not my parent." I say to him with a smirk. I'm on a roll!

He's about to respond when the principal, who I'm guessing has been standing there for a while, clears his throat. I blush as he raises his eyebrows at us. He opens the door for us and motions us in.

This should be fun.

Yay! Another chapter! An extra long one too!😁 I liked this chapter. Isn't Cole a jerk? I hate him. I love Em though! She is just, amazing! Anyways, vote and comment, would mean a lot!
Kisses,😘