Chapter 39: Sparks

"No way. Not possible." I say to him. He laughs and shakes his head.

"No it's true. One of my favorite singers is Taylor Swift." Cole confirms. I shake my head.

"If she is, then answer this. What year was she born?" I ask him. He would know this if he is a fan.

"Easy, 1989." he answers. I raise my eyebrows and put my hands on my hips.

"Which album does the song 'We Are Never Getting Back Together' belong to?" I question.

"The Red album." he answers and smirks. I smile and hug him. I pull away quickly though, realizing what I just did.

"Sorry, got carried away there." I say awkwardly while looking at a distracted Leah while she plays with her lamb. I look back at him since he's being quiet. He just is sitting there until his eyes dart to mine.

One minute we're a good distance apart, the next, he was right in front of me. His brown eyes looking into mine. My hand somehow ends up resting against his chiseled jaw line while his finds it's way to my lower back.

His minty breath fans my face. It is intoxicating. We stay like that for a while, just staring into each others eyes. Just one more inch, our lips would be touching. And I close that inch. Momentarily forgetting the consequences and all the hurt he has caused me.

We kiss like no tomorrow, and I make sure there is no space between us. Our chests pressed together, his hand on my back, and my hands playing with the hairs on the back of his head.
Sparks explode between us. His lips move against mine in sync as my mouth opens and our tongues do the tango.

He pushes me back gently until my back touches the bed and my legs wrap around his waist. We kiss till we no longer have enough air to go on.

We pull apart, but still look at each other. We pant for air as we study each other's features. I never noticed how his perfect jaw had slight dimples. I touch them gently, and sparks erupt from where our skin touched.

"Wow." he breaths out. I laugh and nod.

"Yeah, wow." I agree with him. He smiles at me.

"What?" I ask him. He shakes his head.

"Nothing, just you." he responds. I furrow my eyebrows but dismiss his comment when Leah cries out. I sigh and get out from his grasp and pick her up. Good thing she can't roll, wouldn't want her to see what just happened.

"Hey baby. What's wrong?" I ask her and check her diaper. I need to change it. I walk to my bed where Cole is sitting.

"Can you grab the mat and diapers from under the bed please? Oh, and the wipes." I ask him. He nods and grab everything. I take the mat and lay it on my bed and put Leah on it. I turn to Cole.

"Wanna learn how to change her diaper?" I ask him. He nods awkwardly.

"Uh, sure." he says and scratches his neck. I smile and slip off her shorts and unbutton the one piece.

"Okay, so first, you want to unstrap the diaper and then lift her legs, don't worry it won't hurt her." I say to him and stand aside as he tries. He successfully does that.

"Okay, now take a baby wipe and wipe her butt." I instruct. He does.

"Now take out a new one and put it on her. You have to put it under her and then bring it up before strapping it. Then you're done." I explain. He does that successfully and steps away. I high five him and smile at him before fixing her outfit.

"What time is it?" I ask him. He looks at his wrist watch.

"Um, 3:18. Why?" he says. I nod and walk to Leah's drawers and pick out little pink footie pajamas for her nap.

"Leah falls asleep for a few hours around this time. But that's normal, I just prefer to let her sleep up here around now if that makes sense." I explain. He nods and plays with Leah's tiny hands.

"What made you choose the name Leah?" he asks me. I shrug.

"It was my grandma's name." I say simply and begin undressing her. Cole releases her hand and sits on the bed. I take off her one piece romper and then put on the footie.

"It's pretty." he compliments. I give him a small smile and pick up Leah. I walk to her bassinet and set her inside it with her lamb. I kiss her head and motion for Cole to come downstairs.

We walk down the step as I hear the front door open and Ashley rounds the corners. She smiles at me, but it fades instantly when she sees Cole. She narrows her eyes at him with a raised eyebrow. He nods. I feel like they aren't telling me something. I shrug and walk down the steps and enter the kitchen and grab some food. I turn to Cole.

"Want anything?" I ask him. He shakes his head and points to the door using his thumb.

"I think I'm gonna get going, Jenny wants to hang." he says. I nod.

"Cool. Hey! You should tell Jenny to come by sometime and meet Leah.

Yes, Jenny was at the hospital, but she didn't meet Leah. She was there for moral support. She felt like it would be rude to meet Leah because she barely knows me, but that doesn't matter. But she left before I could say anything.

He nods. "Yeah, I'll tell her to stop by sometime. But I'll see ya." he says and walks towards the door.

"Bye!" I shout before I hear the door shut.

Hi peeples. So guess what? I red If I Stay! It is so sad! But it was amazing, but I have a feeling that the next book won't be as good😞. So, I was thinking about ending the book in the next few chapters so that I can get more ideas since I'm running out. Maybe at 45 chapters? Anyways, vote and comment, means a lot!
Kisses,😘