Chapter 5

As-Salaam-Alaikum,

Plz pray before you read if it's time to pray and you haven't....

Enjoy the chap!!!

P.S Adam's house in the pic above(srsly lovee this house):)

*******************************************************************************

"Kindness is the mark of faith,

and whoever is not kind has no faith." - Prophet Muhammad(PBUH)

*******************************************************************************

NOT EDITED

Adam's POV

Finally the meetings are finished. I sighed

I was so exhausted from the drama with that girl who I never want to see again and from all the work in the office as I had to finalise some important deals and contracts. Now I just want to go home, take shower and sleep but I know I have to do something paramount, yep it is so important to me before retiring for the night as it has to be done today otherwise tomorrow will be the day of my destruction.

I park my car in the driveway and go inside to find the house empty and engulfed with pin drop silence which indicates that the maids have left and mom and Alina are already asleep. I look at my Rolex and realise that it's really late but I need to end this matter today itself.

I ascend the stairs and walk towards mom's room to find the door left ajar I peek inside to find her putting the prayer mat I assume after praying Thajjud prayers yep I know what it's called I dont practice anything of this religion or any religion but I remember the basics. I decide to go inside and persuade her to end this marriage topic cuz it ain't gonna happen.

"Hi mom" I say

" Waalikum Asalam beta" she replies to which I respond with an eye roll. She is never gonna stop doing this, she thinks she or that Khan's daughter will make me my old self but I know that's impossible.

"How are you, son? You look worn-out and disturbed"

"I'm fine mom"

"I know you aren't so say it...say what you want to say" I look at her confused, how does she know that I want to talk.

" I'm your mother dear, I can feel it that something is disturbing you and you want to tell me"

"I don't want to get married not now nor later"

"But you have to habibi, try to understand you need a companion who can love you and whom you can love, whom you can share everything with and who will help you complete half of your deen."

" I don't care and I have you, Alina and Alex mom, I don't need anyone else" I say while trying to stay calm and not be indignant. Why doesn't she understand that I can't stand the sight of any girl except for her and my sister after what happened 7 years ago.

" Enough Adam, you need to let go of your past, Live and concentrate on your present and future. That day me and Alina also lost the most important person of our lives, I lost my other half but we trusted Allah and continued to live with our lives for the sake of Allah. You are going with us to the Khans house for dinner and the marriage talk tomorrow and that's final" She says stern

" I won't and you can't make me" I sneered

" If your dad was here today, he would have wanted the same" she says and I give her a glare for bringing dad in it